So I, like many pearl users have experienced memory problems resulting in deleted call logs, texts, and emails. My Free File space was all the way down to 6MB. Through some tweeking and deleting apps I got it up to 11MB. One incidence I found very strange is that I have about 30 plus ringtones and sound effects... I'm positive i copied them all to the media card. Strangely, they were all in the device memory. Does the system once it uses them automatically move them ot the device memory for easier access? Also, I tried updating the OS to the latest version 4.5.0.124. from the older 4.3.0.115. I went through the whole loading process and and the version number hasn't changed. I could not get the memory to go above 11MB. I have no media on the device memory, I deleted all unnecessary themes, wallpapers, and apps. Some people were talking about having 30 and 40MB of space free, but I just don't see how this is possible. Oh, I have a T-Mobile Pearl 8120. I guess that's important. Thanks for reading guys.
    06-06-09 01:12 PM
    So I, like many pearl users have experienced memory problems resulting in deleted call logs, texts, and emails. My Free File space was all the way down to 6MB. Through some tweeking and deleting apps I got it up to 11MB. One incidence I found very strange is that I have about 30 plus ringtones and sound effects... I'm positive i copied them all to the media card. Strangely, they were all in the device memory. Does the system once it uses them automatically move them ot the device memory for easier access? Also, I tried updating the OS to the latest version 4.5.0.124. from the older 4.3.0.115. I went through the whole loading process and and the version number hasn't changed. I could not get the memory to go above 11MB. I have no media on the device memory, I deleted all unnecessary themes, wallpapers, and apps. Some people were talking about having 30 and 40MB of space free, but I just don't see how this is possible. Oh, I have a T-Mobile Pearl 8120. I guess that's important. Thanks for reading guys.
    First, have you read through the BlackBerry 101 Lecture series? If not, it is a wealth of information, and you can find a link to it in my sig.

Second, what apps do you have and are you closing out of them completely? What is running in the background? You said that you updated your device but it still says 4.3.0.115 I would delete all OS's from your computer and redownload the OS you want and try reinstalling. You can also use Shrink-A-OS or CrackMem to get rid of pre-loaded software/programs you dont use or need.
    06-06-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD