I bought a blackberry pearl 8130 when it first came out. The first thing I did when I got it was download VZ Navigator to the phone. I then started losing my emails and text messages. I looked at the status to see how much memory was left and it was 15mb. Since this I changed my settings for multimedia and it has stopped deleting my texts and emails. I also have a 4gb memory card for my media. I since have deleted the VZ Navigator and only have Monopoly, Google Maps, Windows Live Search, ESPN, and Facebook. My phone seems a bit slow especially when monopoly is played. I only have about 15mb with these programs on my phone. Is this normal memory with only these program on the phone?
    11-19-07 03:10 PM
    I'm very new to this whole BB thing. Everyone says that Facebook is the culprit.

I would dump it & see if that helps.
    11-19-07 04:04 PM
    I tried getting rid of facebook and I'm still below 20mb, what is normal for the 8130?
    11-19-07 04:21 PM
    yea i have the same problem out of no where all my text messages started just deleting themselves any help
    11-19-07 04:56 PM
    It sounds like most people are running at about 15 (thats where I am). If you have 20 after removing facebook, you are doing well.

Mine dipped to about 6 today. I didn't lose any data, but I just did a battery pull & I'm back up to 15.
    11-19-07 05:04 PM
    but why would my text messages start deleting themselves
    11-19-07 05:12 PM
    From all the forum posts I've read, it seems that people were losing call logs & text messages when the memory dips.

Users that know a lot more than me have said that this problem should be addressed with updates in the future.

I would try deleting facebook & any other unnecessary programs. Then I would do a hard start (remove battery). It seems to help.
    11-19-07 05:44 PM
    I have been having similar problems, one thing I was thinking of doing or I guess would like to do is move some of my apps to the memory card. I seem to remember doing this back when I had some sort of palm device, this way the memory thats built into the device would only be used for basic functions. Anybody know if this is possible? Otherwise my current solution which seems to be working is that I enabled the Memory Cleaner but I have never liked having something automatically clear out my memory, which might just be me being weird.
    11-20-07 02:00 PM
    I'm a nebbie curve 8310 ATT user...

Where do I go to check my memory? I can't find any old text.
    Under status I have File Free 1765358 bytes with File Total of 54919168 bytes. I've only loaded Google maps and blueapple.mobi.
    Please advise.
    Thanks!
    11-21-07 04:49 PM
    Is the soft reset (blackberry program) as good as pulling the battery in a hard reset (battery pull)?
    02-27-08 11:04 PM
    I only have about 15mb with these programs on my phone. Is this normal memory with only these program on the phone?
    By the time you have all the applications, the free memory is under 20MB, but you want to keep it above 10MB if possible. I have VZW install my Navigator for me (rather than a download) and I can keep my BB at around 12 MB free.

but why would my text messages start deleting themselves
    Because the BB is a computer more than a phone. It needs so much memory to run the OS, so when memory gets low, it begins to dispense what it doesn't need to run the OS.

Where do I go to check my memory? I can't find any old text. Under status I have File Free 1765358 bytes with File Total of 54919168 bytes. I've only loaded Google maps and blueapple.mobi.
    Please advise.
    Thanks!
    The File Free IS the memory... you have 17 MB free...good job!

Is the soft reset (blackberry program) as good as pulling the battery in a hard reset (battery pull)?
    I use the SoftReset program. I figure pulling the battery out every 1-2 weeks to reclaim memory and reboot the system can't be good on the hardware of the BB.

I have been having similar problems, one thing I was thinking of doing or I guess would like to do is move some of my apps to the memory card. Anybody know if this is possible?
    You cannot save apps to the media card....only pix, music, wallpapers, ringtones, etc.

Hope this helps!
    02-27-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD