So, my 8130 continually has no memory, thus deleting email and texts, new and old. I have a 1g SD-mini card that all my photos and videos save to, but this is really starting to irk the **** out of me. If I'm not quick on the draw, I don't get to read the new text messages. That really angers the wife.

Help me crackberry users, you're my only hope.

Dre
    07-04-09 10:03 PM
    Click on the link in my sig......
    07-04-09 10:06 PM
    Awesome. Thanks. I had deleted some unwanted apps already, but it still give me problems. I'll have to see what else I can do.
    07-04-09 10:16 PM
    Yeah read through it, there's alot of tips in there.
    07-04-09 10:18 PM
    Good thing I have a fresh six pack. There's a lot of pages to read there...
    07-04-09 10:24 PM
    Fortunatly, all the good stuff is in the first four posts.

Memory management is critical for this generation of BlackBerry. Start with the device settings under simple.

Next, use the MaxMem program to remove the sample images, but Do Not remove the Themes.

At this point, you should have 10+ Mb of free space after a restart. That is about the minimum you will need for normal operation using v4.5xx OS software.

If you are using an early verison, you would be well advised to upgrade to v4.5xx. The memory management is much improved.

07-05-09 10:34 AM
    I'm at about 18+ right now after going through and doing hte 'simple' steps, and the 'better' ones. I was able to get off non-used languages and the help files. I'd use this place as my help files more than I would with that.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    07-05-09 03:25 PM
    I was at 18+, now, I'm around 12+. What's going on here? Why is it eating so much memory so fast? Is there anything else non-essential that I can get off of it?
    07-06-09 07:57 AM
    Are you leaving apps open? Do you have alot of themes? Also, if you have alot of apps theres not much you can do but remove some of them.
    07-06-09 10:34 AM
    I was at 18+, now, I'm around 12+. What's going on here? Why is it eating so much memory so fast? Is there anything else non-essential that I can get off of it?

That is normal, it means everything is working as it should.

If you have set the reserved memory limit at 5 Mb, you have plenty of room to spare. Java will use and release the memory as need for optimum preformance.

07-06-09 02:24 PM
    So as of late, my Pearl has been eating memory again like it's its job. I only have three additional apps on it, Facebook, Twitter and eBay, yet it still goes through my free space like Pacman. Anything else you guys thing might help me out?
    06-05-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD