I use this feature quite regularly, but the problem is this: I have it enabled, so there is an icon on my desktop/homepage. When I do a hard reset (battery pull) the icon goes way, and I have to manually go back and change the memory cleaner from disabled to enabled. Is there a fix?
    I was hoping with the ver. 4.3.0.71 OS this would help but it didn't.
    12-18-07 01:23 PM
    When you go back in to enable memory cleaning, scroll down to "Show Icon on Home Screen:" and make sure it says "no"
    12-18-07 01:33 PM
    When you go back in to enable memory cleaning, scroll down to "Show Icon on Home Screen:" and make sure it says "no"
    Luzz... sorry but I think you misunderstood me. I want the icon. Problem is after the reset the memory cleaner defaults to disabled.
    12-18-07 01:45 PM
    My bad, I'm a neophyte to the blackberry! Oh well, I was hoping I had a correct answer. Perhaps someone else??
    12-18-07 03:01 PM
    Memory cleaner....i never noticed that featue before. I'm assuming it...cleans your memory and is found in options?
    12-18-07 05:37 PM
    What is the memory cleaner and how do you access it.
    12-18-07 05:39 PM
    I don't know what it is but it's located under Options-Security Options. I'd also like to know what it does because it makes sense to run something like this. I wonder why there would be an option to turn it off? And, why the default is off.
    12-18-07 07:23 PM
    This will shed some light on your questions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/memory-clean-9952/
    12-18-07 08:41 PM
    This will shed some light on your questions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/memory-clean-9952/
    This helps alot. Thanks. I have enabled the function. I'll let everyone know if there are any issues. So far so good.
    12-19-07 09:06 AM
    cool.... just enabled it lol. This should help me keep this phone running smmoooooothly.
    12-22-07 09:52 AM
    Wondering if anyone can answer No1's original question...How can you make the icon stay on home screen after a reset? It goes away when you do a soft/hard reset for me too! You have to re-enable it each time,,,,any fixes??
    07-18-08 11:11 AM
    Wondering if anyone can answer No1's original question...How can you make the icon stay on home screen after a reset? It goes away when you do a soft/hard reset for me too! You have to re-enable it each time,,,,any fixes??
    I can't answer the question, but I can point out that it is irrelevant. Memory Clean can be set to run as often as after 1 minute of idle time, and every time you holster your device. There's no need to have the icon on the home screen to run it.
    07-18-08 11:28 AM
    Cool never tried it. I see how it works with the memory on the storm
    02-03-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD