Got my new Pearl last week and I bought a 4 GIG memory card. I am quickly finding out that I need a bigger card after downloading movies and videos and saving them to the card. Is there a limit on the size of the memory card that the Pearl will support? A 16 GIG card would be nice, if they even make one that big.
    08-08-08 07:47 AM
    It is based on your OS. OS 4.3 takes 8gb, 4.5 is 12gb+ (if you can find them).
    08-08-08 08:16 AM
    yeah i've heard about those 16gb micro sd's but i dont think they have released them yet... ive read some forums that say people are using 12GB micro sd's in there pearl and it works fine... some say that the pearl doesnt have the ability to read cards over 8gb? im not to sure but i have an 8gb micro and it works awsome! get one!
    08-08-08 08:18 AM
    It all depends on your device's OS... find out what it is (Options > About)

And check this thread to find out what size your OS supports!

* BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB microSD
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 32GB microSDHC - rumored for the Bold et al
    * Verizon 4.2.2.196 OS supports up to 8GB source JeffH - thanks
    08-08-08 08:21 AM
    yeah i've heard about those 16gb micro sd's but i dont think they have released them yet... ive read some forums that say people are using 12GB micro sd's in there pearl and it works fine... some say that the pearl doesnt have the ability to read cards over 8gb? im not to sure but i have an 8gb micro and it works awsome! get one!

I confirm that the 8Gb works flawlessly, I have one too!
    I wasn't sure at the begining because of the SDHC standard but it does work
    08-08-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD