Do I really need one?

I'm new to the BB family and unsure whether I really need a memory card and if so, which one. What do you store on it/use it for?
    06-08-08 09:46 AM
    Depends on how you plan to use your berry. I can view movies, tv shows, listen to music, and save a lot more pics by having a card.
    06-08-08 09:48 AM
    Only pictures, video, ringtones, and music can be stored on and accessed from the Media card. (That's why it's called a Media Card.) You can use the media card like a usb disk to store other files with Mass storage mode, but you can't access those files from the blackberry without 3rd party software.
    06-08-08 09:49 AM
    WOW! Not only are you all addicted to your BB, your addicted to this site and forum

So it's like partitioning my PC, I can store all my files, programs, games, etc on the newly created partition but can't actually run my programs/games unless their on the C drive.

Can anyone suggest a decent card to purchase?
    06-08-08 09:54 AM
    Your analogy is correct. Another analogy would be a USB drive. You can store apps on it, but can't execute them from there.

I have a Sandisk 2GB model. It came with 2 adapters, one for use in cameras that use the miniSD format and a full size SD adapter, so you can use the microSD in a computer. Cards are available up to 8GB. How big you need depends on your use.
    06-08-08 10:04 AM
    Thanks JeffH (and jorgeed)! At the rate I'm going I'll be an addict soon, will look into getting a card ASAP
    06-08-08 10:07 AM
    i got software off of the store and it lets you store applications on the memory card
    06-08-08 10:10 AM
    WOW! Not only are you all addicted to your BB, your addicted to this site and forum

So it's like partitioning my PC, I can store all my files, programs, games, etc on the newly created partition but can't actually run my programs/games unless their on the C drive.

Can anyone suggest a decent card to purchase?
    Sandisk or Kingston cards are good!
    06-08-08 10:17 AM
    I have a 6 GB. It works perfectly.
    06-08-08 10:53 AM
    I have a 8 GB works great!!!
    06-08-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD