Hey all!
    So I have pretty much deleted all the applications I don't use and I still just barely break 20mb. I can't delete anything else and don't have any 3rd party applications on the phone. What is eating up that other 30k on the phone? This has been annoying me! Please offer insight!!

pin:319172d2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 08:55 PM
    I have 19mb free and I am happy....
    04-13-08 08:58 PM
    Mostly the os and core apps. I have 35 mb free
    04-13-08 09:18 PM
    wow 35 mb free, anything else i remove the phone and email won't work lol
    04-13-08 09:29 PM
    have u also deleted ptt and some of the bb themes that were installed on the bb.. if im not mistaken the ptt eats up some memory....
    04-13-08 09:30 PM
    I got 19000000 and everything runs smooth!

04-13-08 09:36 PM
    Qualcom tune bundle, I couldn't hear one of them so I pulled it and put all my premades on my card. PTT also. 23Meg free with some themes and apps, I'm happy.
    Word of warning, don't try to pull the search off, bad, very bad..

04-13-08 09:49 PM
    I get about 8-9 after a battery pull and sometimes is gets down to 2, but it doesn't erase any logs so I really don't care for further actions..

I guess I'm lucky!?

04-13-08 10:43 PM
    Mine hovers around 17 after a battery pull and I'm very happy with that. I'd be thrilled with 20!!!

04-13-08 11:43 PM
    ive deleted everything minus the themes and ptt.
    04-14-08 04:59 AM
    Open your Media Player and press menu > options. In there set the reserved pictures memory to 0, and the device limit to the lowest available.

Do you have a lot of messages on the phone? Lots of calendar entries? Huge address book?

Do you regularly clean your internet cache and history? If you aren't sure, do the following. Open your browser and press menu > options > cache operations > delete your cache, history, and pushed content. Also, set your browser to start on the Bookmarks page, it can help you save memory because the browser never fully shuts down, and if you leave it on a page that is loaded down with stuff, it can cause issues.

Did you delete all the unused languages?

Sorry for any redundant questions, but I am just trying to help you get to the bottom of this.
    04-14-08 05:49 AM
    I delete messages every night, clear the cache, history and everything each night, address book is under 150 now.

All languages are gone except for English.

I am at a loss here.
    04-14-08 06:35 AM
    ps.

Crazetoon, thanks for the help, keep the questions flowing i dont mind at all!
    04-14-08 06:37 AM
    I think that 20mb is fine... I have NEVER had more than that. Does anyone really have more than 20mb on a Pearl they are actually using? Maybe out of the box...
    04-14-08 06:57 AM
    I have 23.4 , but I'm gonna install google maps, so it will be like 20 , I guess

I have;
    webmessenger
    viigo (by the way can someone tell me how to pronounce this??)
    installed.
    04-14-08 07:21 AM
    Ok so now I am up to 22 free! I'm ok with that. I just like as much free space as possible.

04-14-08 09:20 AM
    That's good ! I deleted ptt all themes I didn't need. Memo pad tasks sample video.

04-14-08 09:43 AM
    I'm currently trying to increase my memory too! I just got the phone and put Epocrates on it (It takes up a lot of room 9MB) but I only have like 6ish MB now. I want to maximize. Also the memory leak thing is still happening. I put the new OS on it. Any other options? I don't have the desktop manager so if anyone knows how to remove Apps from the device please let me know what I can delete...I don't need a lot of this stuff I'm guessing?
    04-14-08 10:24 AM
    you can delete by going to options then to advanced options then applications then let the list load and then you highlight it and press the menu button and go to delete, it will ask if you want to restart it, but wait until your last delete before you do or it will take forever to do!

any questions feel free to ask
    04-14-08 10:31 AM
    you can delete by going to options then to advanced options then applications then let the list load and then you highlight it and press the menu button and go to delete, it will ask if you want to restart it, but wait until your last delete before you do or it will take forever to do!

any questions feel free to ask
    Thanks so much! Are there Apps that people commonly try to get rid of? Also, any word on the memory leak? How I can deal with that? I'm just nervous about getting too low, also if there are any other med programs I wanna put on my phone (even with the microsd which i've been told you can't put programs on) I feel like it'll bring it close to zero...Pre upgrading my OS I had like 10 or more MB free with my program so I'm not sure what's so different to take it down 4 MB?
    04-14-08 10:37 AM
    i got rid of the maps program, the help, the password keeper, the tasks and memo pad, i dont ever use them, if i need to keep a note, ill send myself a text or make a calendar appt.

the memory leak is better now then it was with the old OS.
    Hopefully the new OS will be even better when it comes out!

Also when you ran the setup initially, did you delete the languages you dont use?
    04-14-08 10:40 AM
    About the language, I don't think so...Is there a way to do it from the device?
    04-14-08 10:45 AM
    yeah go back and run the setup wizard again and uncheck them so that they delete.
    04-14-08 10:47 AM
    Call me dumb, but I'm missing just what in the world is a "PTT" that I could take off my Pearl?? "Pretty Tiny Theme"? "Potentially Tough Thumbnails"?
    04-14-08 11:52 AM
    PTT is "Push To Talk". If you carrier supports it, it will be installed on your phone when you reload an OS. If you don't use it, you can remove it to free up some memory. There is actually a very detailed walkthrough on freeing up a lot of memory here. I followed those steps and I have over 20MB free with JiveTalk, WeatherEye, and a Gmail app loaded.
    04-14-08 03:51 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD