Ok long story short, I get this: Error Playing... Device Media Processor is Busy.
    This is when I'm trying to open a 78k mp3 file sent via email from my buddy sitting across from me with his BB. I think he has the 8830 which doesn't have MMS. It opens and plays fine on his but not mine. I can still open files that I have on my media card with no problems. Plus I can't save the file he sent to try and open it that way.
    Yes I've tried the battery pull several times, but still no luck.
    Any ideas?

Just for info... Status:
    File Total: 50462720 bytes
    File Free: 13046300 bytes
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 12-17-07 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added Status
    12-17-07 07:29 AM
    Ok, I download the latest OS v.4.3.0.71 and I still get this message even though my status states I have 14.5 meg.
    Now for the twist, if I try via email I get the error message, but if I load the same file onto the media card it works fine. I did this as a test to see if the file was corrupt. I want to be able to open these files as an email attachment.
    12-18-07 05:19 AM
    I wonder if it's a device issue? I take it you've tried OTHER .mp3's? Same issue, or is it just that particular .mp3?
    12-18-07 07:39 AM
    From my experience this usually happens when you are trying to fast forward a media file then press play too fast or fast forward something then slightly rewind it, it is a media player issue imo, not really a device issue, it only happens occasionally with me but this does NOT seem to be the situation here as the circumstances are a little bit different, I don't really have an explanation for it, but I thought i'd at least share the experience I have with error.
    12-18-07 11:41 AM
    Bla1ze, Thanks for the info, put I can't even get the mp3 to start playing. All my others on my media card work fine right after this without a reboot. I loaded this file onto the card to see if it was corrupt, and it played fine. Just won't play from an attachment.
    I will try and send myself some other mp3s to try.
    12-18-07 01:00 PM
    On my pearl 8130 gives me error playing and then device media processor is busy it wont let me play anything or let my ringer work any ideas
    02-12-08 05:42 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    02-12-08 05:55 PM
    I miss TCPMP...
    02-13-08 11:27 AM
    I get the same error on my pearl No ringtones or music or anything. Just an error saying media processor is busy. Please help!
    02-21-08 05:33 PM
    a battery pull worked for me
    02-21-08 05:50 PM
    the batterie pull worked but I have to do it once or twice a day my question is what causes it
    02-23-08 06:51 PM
    I have been getting the same error on all of my media files. I am trying a battery pull to see if that fixes it. This did not start until after I downloaded a video to my media card.
    02-24-08 10:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem. A Battery Pull solved it this time. It seemed to occur when I was playing BrickBreaker, and received an MMS message alert at the same time. BrickBreaker was then jumpy and alerts, ring tones, and video/music wouldn't play.
    02-25-08 02:50 PM
    Does anyone know if the pearl has a software problem that effects the media processor I keep getting errors
    02-27-08 06:34 PM
    All,
    One person found a fix that resolved this error: His media card was full. When he recorded videos, he got no warning there wasn't space to save it. Apparently, a corrupt file got saved anyway. When he played the corrupt file, he got the "device media processor is busy" error message. For the full story, see comments #28-31 at blackberry8130.wordpress.com/user-guide/.
    Kelly Carter
    03-20-08 12:44 AM
    I'm having the same problem. A Battery Pull solved it this time. It seemed to occur when I was playing BrickBreaker, and received an MMS message alert at the same time. BrickBreaker was then jumpy and alerts, ring tones, and video/music wouldn't play.
    Mine did the EXACT same thing as your's did. Was playing BrickBreaker and recieved an MMS message at the same tiime. Did a battery pull and all is good now. I've only had my Pearl six days and have had to do two pulls already.
    03-21-08 09:23 PM
    i have the same problem..started all of a sudden...

have plenty of room on my media card...

any song gives me that error...

have to take the battery out to get it to work...

OTHER PROBLEM: after i play songs...i can no longer hear the telephone audio..again have to take the battery out...

somehow the media processor is stuck either in phone mode or song mode and cannot switch...

is this definitely a software problem?
    04-06-08 09:33 AM
    I have the exact same problem and it is frustrating as heck. I want to be able to listen to my MP3s on my BB Flip 8230 but I can't. It is one of the reasons that I went with BB as I have never had one before.

Someone one suggested that an OS upgrade may be needed but I haven't yet seen on.

Anyone have suggestions, heard anything that worked.

An extremely frustrated yet lover of BB
    05-16-09 12:13 PM
    I started getting this problem after I upgraded the software this last time. It happens at random times. My sd card is not full, I have plenty of space on internal memory. I woke up this morning and the alarm had not gone off because this error occurred over night. Not good.

8130 Alltel
    v4.5.0.160 (Platform 3.4.0.41)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    06-30-09 08:52 AM
    I started getting this problem after I upgraded the software this last time. It happens at random times. My sd card is not full, I have plenty of space on internal memory. I woke up this morning and the alarm had not gone off because this error occurred over night. Not good.

8130 Alltel
    v4.5.0.160 (Platform 3.4.0.41)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    I just upgraded my telus 8830 to above versions and now I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone resolved this issue?
    I had a different carrier version before, it was 4.5.0.xx the xx was less than 160, so I decided to upgrade to the latest official telus version.
    Before the upgrade I never had any problems. Could some index or database have gotten corrupted when I did the upgrade.

Maybe resetting the phone and reinstalling the os might fix it. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your Help
    08-06-09 08:18 AM
    I have the same friggin' problem. My BB Curve 8330 is only 3 days old and i am already faced with this problem! It has the Error playing media processor is busy notice and then I can no longer hear my ringtones when someone calls. Also I can not listen to any music on the media player after either. I have tried the battery pull, and it seems to work for a little while and then it just goes back to the same problems, i would rather not spend all day taking my battery out and putting it back in. HELP!
    08-07-09 11:07 PM
    i have the same problem..started all of a sudden...

have plenty of room on my media card...

any song gives me that error...

have to take the battery out to get it to work...

OTHER PROBLEM: after i play songs...i can no longer hear the telephone audio..again have to take the battery out...

somehow the media processor is stuck either in phone mode or song mode and cannot switch...

is this definitely a software problem?
    OMG, you took the words out of my mouth! I use QuickPull instead of an actual battery pull, but all the above is my problem, as is the guy's shortly above me whose alarm didn't go off! OMG, BAD!!!

I'm looking on these forums for a fix; not sure what OS my pearl flip is running, so I'll look into that on my laptop (diff computer right now) and keep searching! Eventually I'll contact Verizon as I pay for insurance (assurion?) and most certainly cannot have a phone that won't play ringtones or alarms!!
    08-12-09 08:06 PM
    I have the same friggin' problem. My BB Curve 8330 is only 3 days old and i am already faced with this problem! It has the Error playing media processor is busy notice and then I can no longer hear my ringtones when someone calls. Also I can not listen to any music on the media player after either. I have tried the battery pull, and it seems to work for a little while and then it just goes back to the same problems, i would rather not spend all day taking my battery out and putting it back in. HELP!
    Same problem. Is there a permanent fix out there yet? Just started having this issue about 2-3 weeks ago. Sometimes my phone wouldn't ring, then sometimes it wouldn't alert of SMS/MMS/Email, then it wouldn't alert anything at all when in modem mode...now it's not alerting anything at all in phone or modem mode. If I go to my media player and try to play any songs or ringtones, it gives me that "Media Processor is busy" error. I have to do a battery pull. My 2GB SD card has 1.8GB free, haven't installed any new apps lately or anything. Just a random issue apparently.
    12-30-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD