I was wondering if this is normal?

I have put music on my media card, and when I go to open the music application, not all the music is there.

I have to push the options and explore to my media card to get all the songs that are on my media card. When I am playing a song this way it automatically stops when I need to go to a different application.

Is there a way to make the media player default to choose the SD card for its data source?

Thanks
    07-24-08 06:32 PM
    If all music is not showing in media player, pull the battery and that will usually fix.
    07-24-08 06:46 PM
    Im guessing that you did place the music in the correct folder on your sd card? i.e. blackberry/music...if so, try a battery pull
    07-24-08 06:50 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-24-08 06:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-24-08 06:54 PM
    welcome to CB lol
    07-24-08 09:57 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-24-08 10:21 PM
    I had this issue as well, I filled a 4GB memory card, with about 3.5GB of music and videos by copying them on with a USB memory adapter.

I freaked out for a minute (well longer actually) but after sitting for a while, the files began to show up.

Seems like the Pearl takes a bit of time to scan the memory card and build it's media databases.

Also, do not load a gig of Midi files to the ringers folder it nearly killed my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD