So I did a no no and removed the media card without going under the correct menu and choosing "Remove media card"

I formatted it afterward since I was putting new stuff on it anyway and when I try removing it the correct way by clicking "Remove media card" it says:

Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.

When of course I just had formatted it. I tired a battery pull already. Maybe I have to format it on my comptuer? (I'm using a Mac... how would I even do that?)

HEEEEELP!
    05-30-08 08:55 PM
    Let me be sure I understand what you did:
    1) you physically removed the card from your bb, without first going to the Remove Media Card step.
    2) you put the card back in the bb.
    3) you formatted the card in the bb.
    4) you clicked Remove Media Card and got an error message.

If I have these steps correct, what message did you get at the bottom of the screen where you formatted the card? Did it report formatted nn megabytes? Or did it give some error message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 09:18 PM
    Let me be sure I understand what you did:
    1) you physically removed the card from your bb, without first going to the Remove Media Card step.
    2) you put the card back in the bb.
    3) you formatted the card in the bb.
    4) you clicked Remove Media Card and got an error message.

If I have these steps correct, what message did you get at the bottom of the screen where you formatted the card? Did it report formatted nn megabytes? Or did it give some error message?

Those are the exact steps, yes. When I formatted the card is said:

Media Card Format Successful

I click OK and it shows the total space as 3.7 and the free space as 3.7
    05-30-08 09:21 PM
    try reformatting or try in other device
    05-30-08 09:41 PM
    Do a battery pull before you format it again. Pull the battery with the power on, leave it out about a minute, then put it back. Your card formatted successfully, and assuming you have a 4GB card, the free space is right. So a battery pull may fix it. If it doesn't, then try jcj1's suggestion and reformat it. If that doesn't help, then you can format it in a PC, using FAT or FAT16. I don't know if you can do that in a Mac or not. Let us know what happens.

05-30-08 09:49 PM
    Do a battery pull before you format it again. Pull the battery with the power on, leave it out about a minute, then put it back. Your card formatted successfully, and assuming you have a 4GB card, the free space is right. So a battery pull may fix it. If it doesn't, then try jcj1's suggestion and reformat it. If that doesn't help, then you can format it in a PC, using FAT or FAT16. I don't know if you can do that in a Mac or not. Let us know what happens.

Tried everything y'all suggested... still getting that message. I'm assuming since it's formatted correctly that it doesn't matter much but obviously there is still something wrong if it's not recognizing the card when I try removing it the correct way.
    05-30-08 10:13 PM
    Options/Media Card/Media Card Support: set to Off
    Pull the battery.
    Physically remove the card from the bb.
    Replace the battery.
    Let the bb boot up.
    Pull the battery.
    Replace the card in the bb.
    Replace the battery.
    Let the bb boot up.
    Options/Media Card/Media Card Support: set to On
    You should see the formatted space. If so, use mass storage mode and copy something to the card. If it works, you're good. Then you can try the remove media card step again. Let us know what happens.

05-30-08 10:27 PM
    So I did a no no and removed the media card without going under the correct menu and choosing "Remove media card"

I formatted it afterward since I was putting new stuff on it anyway and when I try removing it the correct way by clicking "Remove media card" it says:

Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.

When of course I just had formatted it. I tired a battery pull already. Maybe I have to format it on my comptuer? (I'm using a Mac... how would I even do that?)

HEEEEELP!
    i had some of the same trouble when i put in my new media card and i had to do a battery pull to fix it. i am new so i can't other you much help other than the battery pull but you can get some great help from this web site sorry i can't help more.
    05-30-08 10:46 PM
    Does the card work when you have it in? I pull mine out all the time and have no issues. I have no idea what would happen if I tried to do properly, but I've never had any issues.
    05-30-08 10:49 PM
    Options/Media Card/Media Card Support: set to Off
    Pull the battery.
    Physically remove the card from the bb.
    Replace the battery.
    Let the bb boot up.
    Pull the battery.
    Replace the card in the bb.
    Replace the battery.
    Let the bb boot up.
    Options/Media Card/Media Card Support: set to On
    You should see the formatted space. If so, use mass storage mode and copy something to the card. If it works, you're good. Then you can try the remove media card step again. Let us know what happens.

Did all of this step by step... mass storage mode worked perfectly but I'm STILL getting that error message! I'm stumped..
    05-30-08 10:55 PM
    Does the card work when you have it in? I pull mine out all the time and have no issues. I have no idea what would happen if I tried to do properly, but I've never had any issues.
    Yeah it works, but I'm OCD so the error message bothers me, LOL
    05-30-08 10:57 PM
    I was just able to replicate your error message! If I click "remove media card" while media card support is "on", I get the same error message you do. If I exit the media menu, return, and turn media card support back on, it goes away. I don't think it signifies a problem. It may just be the bb's way of telling you the card is removed. Don't worry about it.

05-30-08 11:09 PM
    I was just able to replicate your error message! If I click "remove media card" while media card support is "on", I get the same error message you do. If I exit the media menu, return, and turn media card support back on, it goes away. I don't think it signifies a problem. It may just be the bb's way of telling you the card is removed. Don't worry about it.

Hrrmm okay! I just don't remember it doing that before. Ah well, I suppose if the card still works I don't have to worry about it!
    05-30-08 11:15 PM
    I have had the same problem with my wifes laptop running vista. Turned off pc media card support and I have had zero problems since. went as far as having to scan the card for errors before it would work in my 8830 again.
    05-30-08 11:33 PM
    What do you mean by "pc media card support?" If you turn off media card support in the bb, you are no longer using the card.

TehPatty's card is working, so I don't see the connection between her problem and yours.

05-30-08 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD