On Friday I bought a 6GB media card for my Blackberry Pearl 8120. I downloaded music onto the card and happily played it on my Blackberry all weekend and all day Monday. Today (Tuesday) it will only play one song. Regardless of the song, artist, album, etc. I choose, it only plays this one song.

My Media Card Support is on, Mass Storage Mode Support is on, and Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is on. In Options, under Media Card it says "Media card cannot be read."

What happened between last night and this morning? Why can't I access my music?
    05-20-08 08:26 AM
    Hmmm, I would try this:

1. Pull your battery.
    2. Remove and reinsert the media card.
    3. Reinsert the battery.
    4. If that doesn't work, format the card using your Pearl.
    5. If that doesn't work, try formatting it using your PC and a media card reader. If your PC also has problems reading it, the card may be defective.
    6. If that doesn't work, try another memory card to see if it is your Pearl that's causing the problem, or the card itself.
    7. If the card works fine on the PC, but not in your Pearl, try wiping and reloading the Pearl's OS.
    Good luck!
    05-20-08 08:43 AM
    Thanks! The battery thing worked! Easy fix!
    05-20-08 10:36 AM
    Still not sure why that happened, though. Any advice for prevention?
    05-20-08 10:40 AM
    Still not sure why that happened, though. Any advice for prevention?
    Not really a prevention for that. It has happened to me once or twice. Sometimes the device just needs a hard reset which is the battery pull to get back on track.
    05-20-08 10:46 AM
    Glad you got it working!

Good luck and welcome!
    05-20-08 11:36 AM
    Cheers!
    05-20-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD