My Pearl is set up to sync on my pc at work. When I connect my BB pearl with my pc at home, with mass storage mode on, nothing happens.... when I go to the "F removable drive" icon on my pc and click on it, is says to "insert disc"??? I am running xp and still can't figure out how to transfer pix from my bb to pc, I do not have DM installed on my pc at home....help!!!!
    03-18-08 07:38 AM
    Strange. My BB always shows up as "blackberry" on my drives selection. Does your BB need a password to activate Mass storage mode each time? If you don't input the password on the handset each time it will not enable mass storage mode.
    03-18-08 08:09 AM
    Install your Desktop Manager software, it has the drivers for your phone to be recognized on your PC.

Dm
    03-18-08 01:17 PM
    Strange. My BB always shows up as "blackberry" on my drives selection. Does your BB need a password to activate Mass storage mode each time? If you don't input the password on the handset each time it will not enable mass storage mode.
    Not that I know of....I just went into options>media card>mass storage mode>"on"............
    03-18-08 01:18 PM
    Install your Desktop Manager software, it has the drivers for your phone to be recognized on your PC.

Dm
    okay....can I just download desktop manager on my home pc even though I sync the pearl at work?
    03-18-08 01:29 PM
    Mass storage mode is only for when you have a media card inserted in your phone. If you don't have have one inserted, then of course it's going to say there's nothing there.
    03-18-08 01:36 PM
    Mass storage mode is only for when you have a media card inserted in your phone. If you don't have have one inserted, then of course it's going to say there's nothing there.
    I do have a 1gig card in my phone and it works fine.......my issue is in trying to transfer pix as noted in my previous posts
    03-18-08 01:46 PM
    Ok, so just to make sure I'm up to speed here, you have mass storage mode on, and you are trying to browse to it from windows explorer? Is this the first time you have tried to do this? You can also check to make sure that auto enable mass storage mode on when connected is set to yes.
    03-18-08 01:56 PM
    Ok, so just to make sure I'm up to speed here, you have mass storage mode on, and you are trying to browse to it from windows explorer? Is this the first time you have tried to do this? You can also check to make sure that auto enable mass storage mode on when connected is set to yes.
    I do have mass storage mode "on", I am trying to browse to it by selecting "my computer" and going to the "f drive-removable disc"....where do I find "auto enable mass storage mode"?........
    03-18-08 02:45 PM
    Please also note that if you have the SECURITY options on your phone set to lock, the ability to browse the SD card in your blackberry will not be enabled until you input your unlock code into the phone.

I initially freaked out after I setup my lock-code because the phone wouldn't give me access to my stored files anymore.
    But I looked over at the phone and it had a screen up that said "Enter password/lock-code to enable Mass Storage Mode".

Once I entered my code and hit OK the window for my SD card opened up on my PC and I could transfer files.

It has been that way since the day I enabled the security on my phone and I have to put in the code twice each time I want to transfer files.
    Once to unlock the phone, then again to allow Mass Storage Mode.

Dm
    03-18-08 03:42 PM
    okay....can I just download desktop manager on my home pc even though I sync the pearl at work?
    Yes, you can install Desktop Manager on as many PCs as you wish/use.
    I have the same software on both of my laptops, my work PC and both of my home Desktops.

Dm
    03-18-08 03:43 PM
    I do have mass storage mode "on", I am trying to browse to it by selecting "my computer" and going to the "f drive-removable disc"....where do I find "auto enable mass storage mode"?........
    Options > Media Card.

Do you have more than one drive letter than it could be?
    03-18-08 03:49 PM
    Options > Media Card.

Do you have more than one drive letter than it could be?
    The only other drive letter is "C" for the main drive
    03-18-08 09:23 PM
    Yes, you can install Desktop Manager on as many PCs as you wish/use.
    I have the same software on both of my laptops, my work PC and both of my home Desktops.

Dm
    I went to the blackberry site .....can you tell me which version of Desktop Manager to download?
    03-18-08 09:29 PM
    I went to the blackberry site .....can you tell me which version of Desktop Manager to download?
    The latest one for your phone.
    03-18-08 09:36 PM
    Good Advice. Always check the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 09:38 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your computer?
    03-18-08 10:09 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your computer?
    Yeah.....I am going to download desktop manager tonight when I get home and see if that works...I appreciate your comments and help.
    03-19-08 07:36 AM
    Something else to check would be your disk manager on that workstation. Right-click on my computer and select manage, and then click on disk management in the left hand pane. If you see your blackberry there then change the drive letter and see if it shows up in windows explorer. If you have mapped network drives to network shares that go idle they may report to the OS as disconnected and then WinXP will assign your blackberry to that drive letter, which of course causes an issue. It can happen with any USB storage device.
    03-20-08 07:20 PM
    Something else to check would be your disk manager on that workstation. Right-click on my computer and select manage, and then click on disk management in the left hand pane. If you see your blackberry there then change the drive letter and see if it shows up in windows explorer. If you have mapped network drives to network shares that go idle they may report to the OS as disconnected and then WinXP will assign your blackberry to that drive letter, which of course causes an issue. It can happen with any USB storage device.
    okay, thanks
    03-20-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD