Hello, I am new to the forum, I am a past ATT customer who switched to verizon. I had a pearl with ATT and got a new pearl with verizon. My ATT pearl had a very nice feature for managing calls that doesn't appear to be available on my verizon model. For example, while on a call with my ATT phone and a new call would come in, a menu would pop up on the screen that said "Answer and Hold Current", "Answer and Drop Current", "Ignore", if you made the decision to Answer and Hold Current, you could easily bounce between the two calls or connect all 3 together by simply pressing the track ball and getting a easy to use menu. The Verizon model on the other hand seems like there is nothing easy about it. The only option I can find is how to answer and hold current. Have yet to be able to have a 3 way call, and most of the time, my current call is dropped, even if I ask the person to hold and press the button. Is the ATT option available somehow on the verizon phone? Why would these be the same phones with two completely different features. I really miss the ease of call management on the ATT pearl vs. the difficulty on the Verizon pearl. Please help.
    10-13-09 06:12 AM
    Well I don't use either of those carriers so this is basically just speculation.

I know that with my carrier, 3 way calling, call waiting, etc. are features that are included in certain plans but are considered extras so first you should double check that you have those features with your new plan (if you're not sure)

If in fact you have these included in your plan, the phones software may just be different. I really don't know the difference between the 2 and I've never have any reason to make a 3-way call or use call-waiting (I virtually never receive calls)
    10-13-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD