So, I used to have around 10 or 11,000,000 'free' memory.

I have NOT added any apps since [I've actually removed a few in attempt to solve this] but for some reason, I now only have around 5,000,000 'free' and I've done numerous 'soft resets' [daily now] and battery pulls, to no avail. In fact, I just did one and I don't believe any memory freed up and it remained at 5,---,---.

Also, all my ringtones, pictures, etc are saved on my memory card and I haven't really added anything to my BB in a month or so [and this has 'started' in the last month]

Any ideas or solutions? Quite odd. Thanks for any help!
    03-02-08 11:55 PM
    Could be the theme you are using or an app that is leaking memory for whatever reason. Or how about saved messages?
    03-03-08 12:33 AM
    I just deleted all excess themes [I use Today Plus] and my saved messages [only 3] and it only went up to 6.. gah.

IDK what happened, it used to have so much and now like none [but oddly enough it hasn't deleted any of my SMS/messages at all...] so maybe it's a fluke?
    03-03-08 12:54 AM
    It would be nice if there was an app that would detail where memory was being allocated. Then you could easily see what is taking up the most memory. At this point you are just guessing and trying to figure out what is eating up that memory.
    03-03-08 01:05 AM
    You can see where mem is, options>status>menu>database sizes
    It tells you how much mem the preloaded OS and messages use, but not 3rd party ones.
    At least its a start, LOL
    03-03-08 01:08 AM
    Not exactly sure what I've done differently lately but I have noticed that if I don't run the Gmail mobile application the memory level is pretty high/stable.
    03-03-08 06:21 AM
    I had a similar problem with Yahoo Go and I uninstalled it.
    03-03-08 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD