Hi, I'm frustrated and in need of help!
    Carrier: Verizon, Blackberry Pearl 8130

It has been almost 30 days since I got my pearl, and at first I thought I was the problem, now I know it's not me, but what is it???? My emails will randomly either not come through or disappear. Yesterday's emails, some of which I really needed, just disappeared. Luckily they are also on my home computer, but, any help would be greatly appreciated. Do I have a lemon? Is there an easy fix for this?
    Also, I have never been able to get my comcast.net emails sent directly to my blackberry. I had to go to the comcast mail center and have all emails forwarded to my @vzw.blackberry.net account. Setting up the comcast.net account on my blackberry itself, gives me no emails, even when I have the forwarding (to my vzw.blackberry address) turned off. Should I just try to return this Pearl and start over? Thanks!!!!!
    04-11-08 09:51 AM
    Check your available memory options>status>file free, the number should be
    greater than 10,000,000 bytes, if not do a battery pull and it will go up. Then when you get time do the memory cleanuphttp://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    If your memory is good, I would get your books re sent.
    GL
    04-11-08 12:10 PM
    I really appreciate the response. I have done a battery pull almost every other day since owning this BB. I did look at the link you sent re memory, and have one question.....I have a Mac, not a PC, do the same directions apply?
    04-11-08 12:31 PM
    What does your free files read? I'm not Mac literate, but I believe bootcamp? Will let you sync and manipulate your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 12:39 PM
    When I check status, it says I have 621674 Bytes free.
    04-11-08 01:53 PM
    yep, you have mega low memory...
    off hand suggestions, get a memory card and set the default picture save to it.
    get rid of the preloaded video.
    open up your media folder>highlight pictures>hit the BB button and select options, in the picture menu, change the reserved picture memory to 0mb.
    this will free up a good chunk.
    Go to options>advanced>applications>scroll down to task manager>hit the BB button and delete, (it's worthless unless you're on a BES plan), scroll to help>BB button>delete,(it's worthless and you have this place)
    If there are any foreign languages referenced do the same (BB button/delete), (I don't remember where I deleted the languages from)

this will help alot, till you can run the john clark deal on your mac, this will also walk you through getting the lates OS on your phone which has a bit better memory management..
    GL
    04-11-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD