To any and all BB/Mac sync geniuses,

I am diligently searching for a sync solution for my 8130 (VZW) and my MacBook Pro. I have tried Pocket Mac (worked sporadically and not with my music, podcasts and photos) then actually bought Missing Sync, which is fine for calendar, tasks and contacts, but does not sync aforementioned media.

I have performed numerous periodic searches on the web and tried several apps. with no success. I have a 2gb media card that I would love to fill up with podcasts, music and pictures to enjoy while traveling. What should I do?

Many thanks,

L
    06-26-08 10:06 PM
    I've given up looking for an application to sync music and photos. Easiest method is to get a card reader and use it to transfer stuff to and from your mac. As far as my calendar, I use google calendar and it syncs automatically so an update, either on the BB or via the web updates the other calender. Very sweet!
    06-27-08 08:50 AM
    I use the Google calendar and auto sync, as well and love it. I have a card reader and have tried to usb in and then drag and drop photos/songs/podcasts, but it will not mount. My BB settings are correct but perhaps my Missing Sync application is thwarting??
    06-27-08 12:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I am a huge Mac Fan as well as a Berry enthusiast. I can tell you from experience, syncing on your Mac is a pain in the @$$!! I have used my Macs my whole life... and dealt with minor incompatibilities, but RIM is not attempting to support Mac at all!

I would really recommend looking at the Mac Users section of the forum... and check my previous posts and opinions on the matter.

As for the card reader suggestion... why not just plug your Berry in and turn on Mass Storage mode. Then the microSD card is viewed as a memory card on your Mac and you can drag and drop whatever you want!!

Pocket Mac and Missing Sync are more hassle than they are worth. I knew they would be more trouble than anything and I decided to run a virtual machine of XP so that I can use DesktopManager to manage my Berry (load apps, backup, restore, install new OSes, sync!!)
    06-27-08 12:44 PM
    I have tried precisely what you suggested re: plugging directly in via USB and via card reader, but the Mac will not mount -- I think I am going to uninstall MS, reformat the media card and try again.

Thank you for your help
    06-27-08 12:58 PM
    [QUOTE=bmcclure937;434424]Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I am a huge Mac Fan as well as a Berry enthusiast. I can tell you from experience, syncing on your Mac is a pain in the @$$!! I have used my Macs my whole life... and dealt with minor incompatibilities, but RIM is not attempting to support Mac at all!

I would really recommend looking at the Mac Users section of the forum... and check my previous posts and opinions on the matter.

As for the card reader suggestion... why not just plug your Berry in and turn on Mass Storage mode. Then the microSD card is viewed as a memory card on your Mac and you can drag and drop whatever you want!!

Pocket Mac and Missing Sync are more hassle than they are worth. I knew they would be more trouble than anything and I decided to run a virtual machine of XP so that I can use DesktopManager to manage my Berry (load apps, backup, restore, install new OSes, sync!!)

What do you mean by you decided to run a virtual machine of XP??
    06-27-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD