i updated my OS yesterday for my pearl 8110 and when i rebooted it and everything i noticed that a couple of my applications were missing. i downloaded bb app world again and found that the apps i got from there had been archived, so i just downloaded them again.

the two that i have no idea where they went are the "notes" and "tasks" applications. i've looked everywhere on the phone for them and tried to use the desktop manager to see if i could restore them from there, but it was a no go.

as unimportant as these apps sound, i did use them on a regular basis to keep track of things. if anyone knows how to restore these so i can use them again or if there are any apps that can be downloaded that are similar, please let me know how and i will greatly appreciate it!

i also can no longer open attachements such as excel and such either since i updated the OS either. this is very frustrating as i use this feature for work.

thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by pearluser1228; 10-20-09 at 11:20 AM.
    10-20-09 11:07 AM
    What OS did you upgrade to?

When you went into Desktop Manager, I assume you went into the Application Manager, and Application Loader, but you couldn't find them in there? By chance, did you click browse and direct DM to search under Program Files/ Research in Motion??
    10-20-09 12:39 PM
    4.5.0.158 from the one that i originally had when i got my phone about a year ago. i didnt try what you said, but ill give it a shot now.
    10-20-09 03:57 PM
    i went to program files/research in motion to try and find them but i dont know exactly what im looking for. i tried to just search for "notes" and "tasks", but i didnt find anything. if i knew what the file names were it would probably help a lot.
    10-20-09 04:18 PM
    I upgraded my OS a couple of weeks ago and have since lost core apps such as Tasks and Notes. I don't know how to get them back or retrieve them! Things like the calculator are still there. I also have only English (US) as my input language but I use the English (UK) one and it appears the US version is the only one I have on my phone.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(Edit: noticed the advice about the apps, I'll try to have a look at that. Should the language be as easy to get back?)
    Last edited by Twiglet10; 12-12-10 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Partly answered
    12-12-10 08:03 AM
    Start the app loader c:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader.exe (or similar path) and it should give the option to add/remove programs. You should be able to do that from the Desktop Manager program also.
    12-12-10 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD