I have an 8120 (pearl). I was moving an icon and the screen froze. I completed a soft reset (removed battery etc). Once it booted up, I have no home screen (icons). I can't do a wipe either because I cant get to options/tools or any other default program. Any thoughts on how I can get my home screen back?
    08-28-08 05:18 PM
    Your home screen is blank?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 05:19 PM
    The only thing I have is a yellow button that normally highlights an icon. There is no full menu view only what used to be a reduced menu view. But their are no icons.
    08-28-08 05:23 PM
    Could they be hidden? Push Menu Key Show All...
    08-28-08 05:37 PM
    Nothing happens when menu key is pushed.
    08-28-08 05:38 PM
    I have the same problem.
    I dont know what to do?
    please help....
    09-25-08 01:17 AM
    I had a problem with my Curve 8310 where all my home screen icons disappeared. I could get to the call log and have some choices there, but couldn't do much else. I spent 3 hours with ATT suppoort and after doing soft resets, hard resets, master resets, downgrading the OS from 4.5.305 to 4.5.183 (or whatever the numbers actually are) I was able to get the icons to show up. But a couple of the apps like ATT Music, Blackberry Setup and Settings only gave me a popup with an exclamation point and an OK button. I could not get them to work. My phone was out of warranty and the best they could say was "Time to get a new phone."

After checking the web I came across a reference to BBSak program in a forum on the Crackberry site. After downloading and installing it, I did a Wipe System, then installed the BB OS 4.5.305 again. The problems were COMPLETELY RESOLVED!
    03-18-10 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD