on BB8130 pearl and when someone calls me it rings twice and goes to voice mail. I'm missing a lot of calls because of this. I went into profiles under advanced and fooled around with the settings but nothing seems to make it ring longer before going to voicemail. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix my problem?
    04-02-08 09:02 PM
    You can call your provider and they can lengthen the time.
    04-02-08 09:05 PM
    You can call your provider and they can lengthen the time.

i did i called sprint and they said its a network setting and can not be change.
    04-03-08 09:45 PM
    same issue here and just called sprint and got the answer that they cant do anything. When I had this issue w/ AT&T they made it longer. Looks like I may just need to take this back to sprint & give the AT&T new pearl a try. Hate to do it cause sprint has the cheaper plan.
    04-05-08 04:21 PM
    I dont know hw it is with your carrier but maybe there is a code you can use on your phone, for example, on bell mobility, i type in *94(number of rings) and press send, and its set, maximum of 9 and minimum of 2, so for example, if you want 5 rings, you'd type *945 and press send, and 7 rings would be *947...just an example, maybe there's some way for you to do it like that!

Rob
    04-05-08 04:30 PM
    For Verizon this can't be changed either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 05:41 PM
    For Verizon this can't be changed either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not so sure about that, I had my ring time change because my calls would go to voicemail before I could answer the phone. Cust Serv tookcare of that problem.
    04-05-08 07:12 PM
    I dont know hw it is with your carrier but maybe there is a code you can use on your phone, for example, on bell mobility, i type in *94(number of rings) and press send, and its set, maximum of 9 and minimum of 2, so for example, if you want 5 rings, you'd type *945 and press send, and 7 rings would be *947...just an example, maybe there's some way for you to do it like that!

Rob
    I tried it and no dice. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    04-05-08 07:14 PM
    well it was worth a shot! sorry! I hope you find out a solution...keep me posted!

Rob
    04-05-08 11:31 PM
    My phone vibrates 2x then rings 2x...so if I don't feel the vibrate I have to be really quick. You could change your settings from vibe + tone to just tone and you should get 4 whole rings.
    04-06-08 06:15 PM
    Originally Posted by CappinHoff
    "Actually sprint can change the ring timer, and the amount of rings. If they refuse to or say they can't then ask for a supervisor. I work as a CS rep for sprint/nextel. I've done this a few times so it's possible."

Well I called back and at least got someone that didnt say that there wasnt anything that they could do. This rep said that there have been "Cell Tower problems in my area." She had me dial something on my phone and then turn it off & pull the battery for a bit. Then it took awhile to come back on. She then said that we were going to "reset" my phone. She then called it and it still only rang twice. She said that to give it 24 hours and she would call me back tomorrow to see if it rang longer & if not then to take it to a store. We will see. I will try to post this on the longer ring time thread as well.
    04-07-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD