I'm having a battery problem...I bought an external charger because my AC plug port failed in my Pearl 8130. I charged my completely dead battery in the external charger. I put the battery in the phone and it the LED blinks red twice every 2 seconds. The phone won't turn on.

I plan to upgrade to a new phone soon. So the question is should I buy a new battery so that I can power up and at least write down my contacts? I can't connect to a computer because of the broken usb/AC port.

Any help is much appreciated.
    10-10-09 08:41 PM
    I had my blackberry led blinking red twice every couple of seconds. From my research, it indicated that the phone was bricked. You'd need to load a new OS onto it. If your USB port is broken, though, I'm not sure how you'll be able to manage it.
    10-10-09 08:47 PM
    the phone worked fine until it wouldn't take a charge. do you think it's odd that the OS would fail at the same time as the usb/AC port?

thanks for your input, you probably saved me the price of a new battery!
    10-10-09 09:10 PM
    I would go to a verizon store and ask them if they could possibly loan you a battery to see if your phone will power up (sorry I don't know if you have vzw I'm on my blackberry but you mentioned you had an 8130 so there's a chance you have them. Either way, take it to your carrier). If it doesn't turn on, its time for a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD