I've notice when I upgraded my JiveTalk software to the newer version that it gave me the option to pick a different color for my LED to flash when I get an IM. I was wondering if anyone out there found or know of any app that would change the LED color for when I get a text/call?? It could be do-able and it Sounds like a good idea since it works for the JiveTalk app.
    03-10-08 03:54 PM
    BlackBerry Alerts : Blackberry : Handango

that will change the color of the led to white, blue purple, green, cyan, white, or red, for missed calls, text email, etc...
    03-10-08 04:47 PM
    Wow, for $12 it's not that important lol! Thanks anyway. May give the trial a try!
    03-10-08 07:08 PM
    I agree $12 is kind of a rip off. Are there any cheaper or different programs out there?
    03-10-08 07:29 PM
    IMO its worth the $12. I never hear my BB when I'm out or at work. I have the reminders set to 3 minutes to alert me and also different LED colors for each type of alert. One of my fav apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 07:52 PM
    I had BB alerts and it worked great but it seemed like it drained my battery faster, has anyone else using BB alerts noticed this?

03-10-08 07:53 PM
    Yea exactly. A cheaper version would be nice.

Anyone know how long u can keep the demo version of this program?

03-10-08 08:01 PM
    Anyone know how long u can keep the demo version of this program?
    Free trial is 7 days.
    03-10-08 09:24 PM
    only problem i had is when i would try to use the test audio feature it would freeze my berry up, so i uninstalled it
    03-10-08 11:49 PM
    BBAlerts is a good app, never heard of it freezing up a Pearl. My wife has it on hers and loves it... the constant reminders of a missed call, etc., since she is one who doesn't keep her BB on her at all time.
    03-10-08 11:59 PM
    only problem i had is when i would try to use the test audio feature it would freeze my berry up, so i uninstalled it
    hmmm rob... never had a freeze issue with BBAlerts. Not sure what version you were running but there's been a few new versions released over the last couple weeks, current is 1.65, you could give the trial another shot and see how it behaves.
    03-11-08 06:28 AM
    red is for messege
    03-11-08 08:47 PM
    Ok, I downloaded this software and cannot install it. I have the newest version of desktop manager and am on my PC laptop. I keep getting the error message that no additional applications designed for my device were found I have a verizon 8130 pink pearl. . .to my knowledge this program should work fine. any suggestions or anyone know how to dl it directly to my bb?
    03-14-08 05:03 PM
    Download from your carrier the OS that is on your BB... install it AND then run DM and App Loader again.
    03-14-08 05:11 PM
    ok, i will try to figure out how to do that. . .thanks!
    03-14-08 05:14 PM
    where can I find the newest version of alerts, all i can find is the one on their site and its 1.4
    03-14-08 06:05 PM
    I really like this program. . .I like it because at work, when my phone is on my desk (not supposed to have it out at all), I can tuck it back and just look to see what colour the led is flashing to know what came through. . .and it's pretty. It was worth my measly $12. . .if I wouldn't have bought the app, I would have bought something else even more useless I'm sure. Thanks for the walk through on how to install apps from the Desktop Manager. . .I couldn't find help for it anywhere!
    03-15-08 01:04 AM
    This program is neat because the LED can be set much brighter than by default... each value can be set to 255, but that sets the brightness too, so you can have any colour at a variety of intensity
    03-15-08 01:40 AM
    where can I find the newest version of alerts, all i can find is the one on their site and its 1.4
    Check this post for the latest OTA link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mis...07/#post175903
    03-15-08 07:51 AM
    There ia an option to have the led flash purple for "instant messages" without spending 12 bux. I guess it would be cool to have more options. Now texts and calls are both red. Does this app let you have seperate colors for those? And what other alerts would have color options?

03-15-08 08:57 AM
    You can customize everything, so each notification can have its own colour

03-15-08 11:56 AM
    I love this program. It should be a standard application. .

03-15-08 07:15 PM
    Ok, I downloaded this software and cannot install it. I have the newest version of desktop manager and am on my PC laptop. I keep getting the error message that no additional applications designed for my device were found I have a verizon 8130 pink pearl. . .to my knowledge this program should work fine. any suggestions or anyone know how to dl it directly to my bb?

Hi, I am having the same problem you have. Is there any way you can let me know how you made it work?
    04-30-08 01:34 AM
    I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 for Verizon. I am trying to download the BB Alerts application in Desktop Manager but it is telling me that my phone does not support the file. Should I be able to get the program and is it compatible with my phone brand?

Thanks!
    04-30-08 01:49 AM
    I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 for Verizon. I am trying to download the BB Alerts application in Desktop Manager but it is telling me that my phone does not support the file. Should I be able to get the program and is it compatible with my phone brand?
    See post #19 in this thread for a path to the OTA install link.
    04-30-08 06:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD