can someone provide some explanation; or a fix to why when i dial a phone number to make a call from the home screen; there's a delay. the hour glass icon shows...and then 3-4 seconds later; that's when i finally see the dialing screen.
    12-18-07 01:51 PM
    I get no lag. Go to options, status. What is your free file memory?
    12-18-07 02:06 PM
    File Free: 8295852 Bytes
    File Total: 50462720 Bytes

so what does that mean/say?
    12-19-07 11:31 PM
    Your free file is a bit low at 8.2meg. Do you have a lot of app's running? Do you close them vs backing out of them? Try a hard reset ( battery pull) then without doing anything else see what you free file is. If it up somewhere around 12-14 megs your good. Then try to see if you get your dialing issue.
    12-20-07 04:24 AM
    member...

how do i completely close out of apps/programs? i'm assuming just pressing the red end call button and the button to the left of it...doesnt close out of apps/programs.

so how do i ensure that i've completely closed out of em so that they arent still running in the background w/o me knowing? thanks for your help.
    12-20-07 09:25 PM
    member...

how do i completely close out of apps/programs? i'm assuming just pressing the red end call button and the button to the left of it...doesnt close out of apps/programs.

so how do i ensure that i've completely closed out of em so that they arent still running in the background w/o me knowing? thanks for your help.
    Hit the menu button and select close.
    12-20-07 11:00 PM
    If you hold down the alt key (lower left) and press the back key(right of the track ball), keep holding the alt key and you can use your track ball to see what apps are open. Then like livspop said, go to that app, click menu, scroll down and then click close. Or just pull the battery.
    12-21-07 04:33 AM
    I have only 7.87MB file free right now, and don't notice any lag when dialing a number from my home screen...
    12-22-07 09:37 AM
    Try going into Options> Screen/Keyboard and change your key rate to fast.
    12-23-07 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD