Ok here's the deal... I loaded a 11.6kb .jpg picture onto my 4gig card under the pictures folder. Slap the card back into my 8130. Open Media, Pictures, and the picture is there. Cool! Open picture, set as wallpaper on the home screen. Cool! This was a few days ago. Today, I go to look at my pictures, and the one I loaded above doesn't have a thumb nail now. I try to open it, and I get can not open file error. Huh? It's still set as my home screen. Ok try any other picture and I can open them just not this one. So I delete it, try reloading the same file as I did the other day, same error. Huh? Try renaming the file same error. So, I deleted the bb.dat file, which is the thumbnail data base, reload the same picture file, and it's there. Reset as my home screen and it works. Mind you before I get a flurry of "Pull the Battery" that was my first course of action. All is well in BB land, was just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue.
    Just plain weird.
    02-24-08 02:31 PM
    On a related note, I was wondering if i can take pics from my computer and put them on my phone. And what format do they need to be in..Thank you so much for your help...
    02-24-08 04:08 PM
    diglerni... Yup you sure can transfer picture to your phone. But, it's own internal memory is small, so it's better if you get a media card.
    The formats that I have tried are .jpg, .png, .gif. There might be others just load the file in question and see if it works. But for the most part I just use .jpg.
    02-24-08 04:33 PM
    how do do i transfer them though...through email
    02-24-08 06:54 PM
    A few questions first...
    Do you have Desk Top Manager installed?
    Do you have a media card?
    02-24-08 06:59 PM
    yes to both sir
    02-24-08 08:04 PM
    I have tried through the desktop already and it won't let me
    02-24-08 08:15 PM
    Can you tell me the error message you get or why you weren't able via the DT Manager? Just so you know the DT Manager will not let you transfer media like videos, pictures, ring tones, music. The DT Manager is for Backing Up/Restoring, Updating the OS, Installing apps and themes, transferring info from one phone to another, And Syncing your device with Outlook , Notes, Tasks and Calendar. There is an application that is bundled on the CD and that is the Roxio Media Manager. That will allow you to transfer your files.
    Since you have a media card and you sate you have the DT Software installed, two things, you can either take the card out and use a card reader, or when you connect via the USB use mass storage and the device will show up in My Computer as a drive. Now when you connect via the USB, do you get Enable Mass Storage on your BB?
    02-25-08 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD