I've run out of new uses for my BB! Got an 8gb memory card and now I have my entire iTunes library on my BB. Gave my iPod to my daughter. For most of the picture taking I do, the BB is good enough so I don't carry a camera anymore. Same with video. Texting of course is done on the BB and I do almost all of my email on my BB. My laptop is now in my son's room. I use Slacker and FlyCast so I just plug my BB into the car stereo when I'm driving, so no more car radio. Put Audible Air on there too so I can listen to audiobooks also. My mom emailed me a bunch of recipes which I saved on the BB so it's now my cookbook too. I use it as my alarm clock, calendar, address book, to do list, and with the GPS I'm never lost. Oh yeah and every once in awhile I make phone calls too! I have consolidated so many things on this device that I can't think of anything else! What a wonderful piece of technology!
    01-09-09 09:54 PM
    Nice Job!

Keep looking, there must be one more thing...!

I agree, wonderful piece of technology!
    01-09-09 10:11 PM
    Don't forget paper weight when it is windy and flashlight when it is dark.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:19 AM
    Dont forget the garage door app.

Claire
    01-10-09 01:49 AM
    Nice job. The only problem I have with this concept (and yes I have
    actually done all of the above) is any device that does everything
    will invariably do a lot of them poorly. And that is certainly true
    for the BB.
    01-10-09 02:59 AM
    I don't think I agree. I think it does a very good job doing all of these tasks. Not sure how well it will handle the garage door task but I'm willing to try. Especially if they do a package deal with the TV remote also. The rest of the uses I believe are equivalent to the other replaced devices in my opinion.

01-10-09 06:17 AM
    Here's another use that not many people know about but is up and coming!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/obopay-79116/

01-10-09 06:27 AM
    Here's another use that not many people know about but is up and coming!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/obopay-79116/

That sounds interesting. Maybe I could just give my kids their allowance that way. It keeps getting better and better....
    01-10-09 06:30 AM
    Exactly. i use obopay all the time!

And you didn't mention mobile banking. i also pay bills on my berry via bank of america mobile.

Get on that!

01-10-09 06:32 AM
    Exactly. i use obopay all the time!

And you didn't mention mobile banking. i also pay bills on my berry via bank of america mobile.

Get on that!

I don't use that bank... but I have paid some bills using some websites on the phone. I leave bills to others since I'm playing with my blackberry. Those that don't have this cool phone in my house have much more time for things like that than I do. And when I eventually upgrade to one with a bigger screen I plan to get the Slingplayer or whatever else is out at that time so I can watch Cubs games on it also!
    01-10-09 06:37 AM
    I use the Hockey News mobile all the time to get stats and live scores. cnn mobile comes in handy too.

01-10-09 01:20 PM
    I think it's really amazing how far we've come in such a short time with these "smart phones". The list keeps growing for the devices we are able to get rid of because our bb's and iphones, etc can do them also.
    01-10-09 02:58 PM
    I agree. I am trying new things to do as well.

01-12-09 12:42 AM
    Has anyone found a way to use a crackberry for keyless entry, like on a car?

01-12-09 08:19 AM
    Has anyone found a way to use a crackberry for keyless entry, like on a car?

That would be pretty cool! And remote start too!
    01-12-09 09:23 AM
    That would be pretty cool! And remote start too!
    I drive a standard transmission, so remote start could be dangerous. I'd be more than happy to get keyless entry in my case
    01-12-09 12:11 PM
    i didnt see flycast for the blackberry can you tell me how you did it and how it works. Id be interested in slacker too..
    Im just got my first bb pearl and i want it to do everything LOL
    01-14-09 09:40 PM
    I believe you can get a free trial of flycast at the crackberry app store and the slacker app is free from their website. Both are very simple to use but I would definitely recommend a memory card if you don't already have one. I find myself using slacker a lot more than the other now that its become available for the BB. Enjoy your pearl! I love mine!

01-14-09 11:40 PM
    Don't forget page saver. I use my blackberry to hold my book open when I run on the treadmill. LOL
    01-15-09 01:07 PM
    Oh yeah.... I use it as a flashlight all the time too!
    01-16-09 10:47 PM
    Discovered a new use today... not really me but my girlfriend... caught her using the screen as a mirror today. Which led me to explain to her that if I had a Storm instead then the screen would be bigger and much better utilized as a mirror!
    01-24-09 07:29 PM
    Discovered a new use today... not really me but my girlfriend... caught her using the screen as a mirror today. Which led me to explain to her that if I had a Storm instead then the screen would be bigger and much better utilized as a mirror!
    LOL thats funny. i cant wait for my BB to get here so i can start doing all this...i had a OLD NEXTEL BB back in the day. but never anything like this...i cant wait...
    01-27-09 11:03 PM
    LOL thats funny. i cant wait for my BB to get here so i can start doing all this...i had a OLD NEXTEL BB back in the day. but never anything like this...i cant wait...
    You're gonna love it! Yay for you!!!
    01-27-09 11:08 PM
    You're gonna love it! Yay for you!!!
    yeah i got one from over in the Marketplace from santiago005
    he told me he would send me tracking and he hasnt been back on since...and it was set to be delivered here today..and NOTHING

im hopeing its just from the Snow storm that hit (i live in midwest) so we will see...my wife told me she is tired of hearing about it and wish's it would just get here so i will get over it..LOL
    01-27-09 11:14 PM
    I hope it's just weather delayed.... I think I read everything possible on the internet before mine came and talked to several people too. My gf was going nuts!
    01-27-09 11:20 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD