I have T-Mobile service. I was having some problems with my Pearl and it was 2 days out of warranty. I replaced it with a new one and only have until this weekend to take it back. My old one started working again, all except Internet and the EDGE would go off and only show edge. Msg. says could not connect to internet and to contact my service provider. I called T-Mobile Blackberry support this morning and the rep. had me do several things, like delete the service book, and do "register now" on the Host Routing Table. She said that I am supposed to get a registration message. I got a notice after doing this that said "registration sent," but did not get a registration message in my inbox. That did nothing and then afterwards my Browser button was and is missing and only the Enterprise Activation Icon appears (I do not have Enterprise service). She asked me to check my PIN, which says "FFFFFFFF". This is not the right PIN and I don't know if the device were showing the correct PIN before, as I hadn't checked recently, but I think that it was. Because of the "FFFFFFF" pin thing, she then told me to wipe the phone, which I since did. She said that if I wipe the phone and the PIN still is listed as "FFFFFFF," then there's a problem w/ the phone. I'm not sure. After I wiped it, I still have the same problems with the wrong PIN, no Internet browser icon, no service book entries, etc.

Is there a way to get back my service book entries and change my PIN number on the phone and get Internet service again?
    05-10-08 01:22 AM
    Welcome to CB. In my opinion this sounds more of a problem with T-Mobile having an issue provisioning your account. Some info in regards to PINs. PIN numbers are uniquely assigned to each and every BlackBerry. These numbers cannot be changed/modified. I am guessing that you were not reading the correct information. You can go to Options > Status to see your PIN number.

Are you in an area that has good signal? After you wiped the phone, you will need to re-register the handheld again.
    05-10-08 01:32 AM
    I have read a few threads on Blackberryforums, about Desktop manager not recognizing the device and such. All stated that a PIN of FFFFFFFFF is a Failure of the Proce3ssor, and the device needs to be replaced.
    05-10-08 02:09 AM
    Thank you both for your comments. It sounds like it is a problem with the processor. Everything on the phone works except the Internet, so I was hoping to save it. Maybe I will look into replacing it w/ a Curve.
    05-10-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD