i was wondering if its possible to have a certain ringtone when you recieve a text message from a friend? i know you can do it when they call you but im refering text messaging.I read that it was able to be done but the specifics are unclear. thanks.
    05-31-08 03:49 AM
    Scroll to profiles and click on it. Scroll down to advanced options, and click that. Then, press your menu button(button to the left of your trackball) and select SMS. This is where you can set different alerts for all of you features, BB Messenger, SMS, E-mail, Phone, Etc...
    05-31-08 10:32 AM
    I think OP means a friend in particular; like being able to select a certain Ringtone for a person. Like if I get a text from my sister, I'd know it was from her w/O looking at the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 10:38 AM
    Yep thats it.
    05-31-08 10:46 AM
    I don't believe you can do individual SMS settings on the Berry like on the Motorola's.
    05-31-08 11:08 AM
    I think you can, just create a new exception and I think that that would do the trick
    Profiles-advance-menu key-new exception
    Hope this helps

05-31-08 08:44 PM
    The way to add custom tune for a contact's phone, email, SMS, etc.:

Create a Profile:

Profiles > Advanced Profiles > menu key > New Profile (to be used for that contact or group of contacts only) > name profile (person's name, or group name) > Edit Messages Notification preferences > menu key > Save

then create an Exception:

Profiles > Advanced Profiles > menu key > New Exception (for that contact profile or groups profile only) > name the Exception (person's name, or group name) > push trackball to add contact > menu key > Save > change "Use Profile" to the one you created > Edit the Custom Phone Tune > menu key > Save

When you get an email, phone call, SMS or BBM from that user, it will use the custom notification.
    05-31-08 09:17 PM
    I have the pearl 8130, I have followed your instructions to a TEE and everything is done, but it keeps going back to the Active profile. What am I doing wrong????? I show the profile, I show the exception...ugh. I had posted this exact question somewhere else and have not got an answer yet....
    Thanks
    05-31-08 10:21 PM
    I can't get this to work either. I followed the directions to a t!
    05-31-08 11:16 PM
    I got it to work! I jus love this site!
    06-01-08 12:00 AM
    Yeah, problem you'll have now is when you put your phone in vibrate, the tone of that person will still play, not just vibrate silently, kinda sucks.

06-01-08 06:33 AM
    I was setting my profiles up and made a few exceptions in order to personalize some ring tones as well...I thought I was super cool until one of my "exceptions" called me when I was at work and had my profile set to VIBRATE...little did I know it would blast Chris Brown's "With You" on HIGH!!
    I was mortified as I wasn't at my desk and heard it playing from across the office.

I wish Icould just assign a ring tune in the address book area like the way it was with almost every other phone I've had.

Am I missing something here or is there no way around this?
    06-06-08 07:22 PM
    ash_02pink how did you get it to work? I followed it to a T as well but when I had my friend txt me it was my default tone not the one I set up? Weird?
    06-07-08 08:19 PM
    Did anyone get it to work?
    06-07-08 08:27 PM
    Miss love, if you look at my post right above yours, I warn of that happening

06-07-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD