Hi, I'm brand new and a first time BB owner.

I have a little indicator on my home screen and I have no clue what it is and it's not in my book.

Looks like a small globe and has a 1 beside it located at the top center of the screen where my new message indicator is. My new message indicator is an envelope, an orange envelope. So, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it confused.

Any clues?
    Last edited by pggylb; 02-13-09 at 11:05 AM.
    02-12-09 11:21 PM
    Click the BB button (to the left of the trackball) and uncheck show all. Then find the icon that has the '*' beside it.
    02-13-09 07:06 AM
    Click the BB button (to the left of the trackball) and uncheck show all. Then find the icon that has the '*' beside it.
    Ok, I did this and there isn't an icon with an * beside it.
    02-13-09 10:00 AM
    If it is a blue globe looking icon it is for you blackberry messenger.
    02-13-09 01:15 PM
    It is a blue globe, thank you. But, I never activated the BB messenger so how do I clear this?

EDIT: I just went into BB msgr and it has no current conversations and my status is unavailable.

Question: Does the BB msgr use data? Do I have to have a data plan to use it? I have unlmtd text, is this all I need?
    Last edited by pggylb; 02-13-09 at 02:39 PM.
    02-13-09 02:34 PM
    Actually, it looks like a little Earth globe. It's blue with yellow/orange dots like a web icon.
    02-13-09 03:01 PM
    It is was a WAP Push Message.

While looking through other threads I came across one that suggested looking through all the folders in Messages and I found it.

Thank you all. Every time I visit CrackBerry I learn something new.
    02-13-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD