I just replaced the faceplate on my 8130. Simple job. Took just a couple of minutes. Now I have no sound from my receiver. The speakerphone works fine. I have looked up a lot of info and found that there seems to be a connection problem with the speaker itself that would cause the problem. The problem is...I don't even see my speaker. I see the two gold connection bars...there is just nothing on top of it. I do not even know what I am looking for. This being a simple task I was sitting on my couch. So there is not telling where it may have fallen to. Anyone got a description and/or photo they can take? This is just the little receiver speaker that I am missing. Im dumb, I know...but didnt even think a simple task like this could lead to a speaker going missing....
    05-19-08 08:20 PM
    Worst case scenario out a sock over the end of your vacuum and ram it into your couch cracks. If it is in there you may need an asiatant to pick one end up and jiggle it! Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 08:24 PM
    WOW I AM STUPID! You know when you take the old faceplate off.....? The speaker is def. attached to it. Does this site have a "stupid questions" page...this should go there!
    05-19-08 08:33 PM
    WOW I AM STUPID! You know when you take the old faceplate off.....? The speaker is def. attached to it. Does this site have a "stupid questions" page...this should go there!
    don't be so hard on your self we all make mistakes.
    05-19-08 10:36 PM
    I gotta hand it to you, I don't have the brass to tear into my berry yet, my old razr, mebbe, but not my berry.

05-19-08 10:46 PM
    Worst case scenario out a sock over the end of your vacuum and ram it into your couch cracks. If it is in there you may need an asiatant to pick one end up and jiggle it! Good luck.

How many times do you have to lose something small in your couch before you realize to do something like this to get it back?
    05-20-08 12:08 AM
    I did a stupid that was better than yours. I bought those generic screen protectors and cut one to fit the screen of my Pearl. Afterwards I couldn't figure out why everyone who called was talking so quietly. Lo and behold I had not made a cutout for the speaker. Now THAT's stupid at its best!
    05-20-08 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD