Hi everyone,
    I have posted this before but didn't get any answers.

About a month ago my pearl went into constant reboot after I installed a program, so I wiped everything and downloaded the OS from my provider. I was back up and running quickly!

The issue is that I no longer have blackberry messenger, the brick game, and a couple of other programs that I had before the screw up.

I went to download BB messenger and its telling me that my device does not meet the system requirements needed for the program. I am running OS 4.3, and the requirements say I only need 3.7 or later.

What am I missing here??? How can I get BB messenger back on my phone?

Any help would be awesome.... Thanks so much!!!

Steve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 11:06 PM
    you said that you downloaded the os from your provider, if that is the case you should open up your desktop manager, go to the application loader and it will load the os and you should be able to install the missing applications, hope this helps
    02-03-08 02:02 AM
    Yes, BBM must be installed via the App Loader in Desktop Manager, it can not be installed OTA.
    02-03-08 07:55 AM
    Yep, plug in the BB. Run Desktop Manager/Application Loader and simply check the box for the apps you want and finish out the installation. Easy as pie.
    02-03-08 08:52 AM
    Hi everyone... thanks for your quick replies, but the only things that appear in my App Loader are programs I recently deleted from my device, or stuff I already have on it! (i.e Google Talk, Facebook, Google Maps).

I don't see BBM anywhere....
    02-03-08 09:26 AM
    If you downloaded and installed the OS from your provider then you should have the OS in the application Loader. What you describe sounds like you don't have the OS installed anymore.
    02-03-08 09:28 AM
    Hey again,

When I go to Options>About> here's what I see:

BlackBerry 8130
    Smartphone CDMA
    v. 4.3.0.65 (platform 3.1.0.34)
    02-03-08 09:40 AM
    You need to install that same OS from your carrier onto your PC along with Desktop Manager. I would think if you did this when your device went into the reset loop you would already have it on the PC. But, go to the Telus site and download the latest OS and install it to the PC. Then plug in and run Desktop manager and update your BB.
    02-03-08 09:43 AM
    I could have sworn I did that when I downloaded the OS from telus last time, but I'll do it again and see what happens.

Will I need to install any new OS on my device? I'm backing up my files now just in case, but will it likely do that?
    02-03-08 09:47 AM
    I believe Telus has an update so you will likely get a newer OS. The loader process will automatically backup/restore.
    02-03-08 09:57 AM
    Hey, I'm currently downloading the new Telus Desktop OS... 335 MB or so... 430_b023_multilanguage.exe ... from the Blackberry Website for TELUS Mobility customers.

Do I need to install anything directly onto the BB, or just install this new Desktop Software on my PC?
    02-03-08 09:59 AM
    i decided to download the OS again for my phone and install that, rather than download the Desktop Manager program. When i installed it and went into App Loader, all the missing options were there and I installed them all to my phone!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, FOLKS!
    02-03-08 11:48 AM
    I think that's what I suggested to begin with. Anyway, glad you're up and running.
    02-03-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD