I have Verizon. They tell me that each AOL messenger send or received is considered a message unit outside of the "in-network". I also read somewhere that there is an Instant Messenger software program that uses the Blackberry data is there is no additional charge. Do I have this information correct or am I totally off base with this?
    The rates are high enough. I have unlimited data but 500 messages "out of network"

Also.. on another subject...is there a way to have responses to Threads I create emailed to me? I looked all over the help area for quite awhile and can not find any help on this!!

Thanks for any help!!
    04-18-08 08:45 PM
    You can have the emails sent by changing the settings on the bottom of the pag. It will give you an option to have new posts emailed to you. I'm on the wap or I'd tell yo evactly what it says.

Second. You can get like jivetalk or im plus or wenmessenger which will all use data instead of messages. If you need further help add me on bbm

pin:319172d2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 09:50 PM
    BB offers their own version of AIM that uses data. I am not sure if it works on Verizon phones or not. I highly recommend JiveTalk though. Has a one time cost but is worth it. There's also WebMessenger, but I feel that it's not as good as JiveTalk.
    04-18-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD