I have a 8130 Pearl from Alltel they notified me that the new 4.5 software was ready to download fro my phone. So I went to the BlackBerry site for Alltel and did the download and followed the instruction did the backup. When complete it told me it was installed but now I have none of the preinstalled pictures witch I want and no browser link on my phone. Can anyone out there PLEASE help me.

Thanks Whitlow
    12-07-08 12:18 PM
    I don't think the preinstalled pictures are available on 4.5. To get the Browser working Go to Options/ Advanced Options/ Host Routing Table/ Menu/ Register Now. You may also need to resend your Service Books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 12:33 PM
    Thanks is there anywhere I can get these pictures and load them back on my Pearl? And I'll try what you said also.
    Thanks Again
    12-07-08 12:39 PM
    Trust me when i say you do not want them on the device, they take up massive amounts of memory, the biggest actually, along with the BlackBerry sample video. Get a media card and put wallpapers on it. Since you have a Berry, wallpapers are free. Here is a whole gallery of wallpapers, all free... http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...09/#post284413
    12-07-08 12:43 PM
    My daughter and I both have the same Pearl mine has the browser link and her's is not there any longer. I did what you said but I could not see how to resend the service books. I already have a media card but liked some of the preloaded pictures. The Browser is back and working fine THANKS A LOT for that help!!!
    12-07-08 12:49 PM
    if you ever lose your browser, go to options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu>register now. To resend your service books, go to the e-mail settings icon, log in and find service books, resend them. I always do this after an update...
    12-07-08 01:01 PM
    You're welcome, whitlow. The link SevereDeceit gave you has some beautiful wallpapers. Check it out. . Here is a link if you need to resend your service books.

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:02 PM
    What are the Service Books and how will I know if I need to resend them? Sorry if I sound dumb
    12-07-08 01:10 PM
    When you think you have an issue with your e-mail, like being delivered slow, etc. Also some icons on your screen are pushed to your device by service books. That is why every now and again you will have an icon you did not have before...
    12-07-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD