Staying with the Pearl based on it's small size. The Curve is a great device, but it is big. The Pearl fits in my pocket easily and comfortably. The comfort/feel of the Pearl during a call is also a plus for me.
    02-03-08 06:41 AM
    The Curve was what made me think about switching to BlackBerry. It's a beautiful looking device. However, my carrier (Bell) only offers the Pearl at this time, so that is what I went with. And now that I've had my Pearl for over a month I honestly like it better than the Curve. I love the small size, the Suretype is easy to use and works great, I just basically love my Pearl. I always assumed that when the Curve became available, that I would switch, but now I think I'll stick with the Pearl. I love everything about it.
    02-03-08 10:19 AM
    I'm quite content with my Pearl. But I'll be even happier when the Curve comes out
    02-03-08 02:23 PM
    I really like my pearl, but I would like to get a red curve for the times when a full keyboard would be nice.
    02-03-08 02:25 PM
    I have a curve (with AT&T) and just got a pearl (with Sprint). For years I've had a "work" phone with all my contacts and appointments and my "weekends and evenings" phone that was tiny enough to take everywhere. I see that coming to an end soon with the pearl. While I'm still getting used to the suretype (I've had a full keyboard for years), it's not so bad, and the pearl fits into my pocket and my smallest handbag without leaving a bump. While the curve is great, I don't know why I waited so long to get a pearl. I think that while some might really prefer the full keyboard, many will find that it's wasted phone envy - the grass just looks greener b/c it's further away.
    02-03-08 04:23 PM
    I'm with Verizon and was mixed up whether to get the pearl or the world. But a camera was important to me, so I got the pearl. I went from a pocket pc, which was a huge phone to a nice light and thin blackberry that I can fit in my pocket and is more dependable then my window interfaced phone. Although I do like full keyboards and its taking me some time to learn the sure type, I really like it. But probably after some time passes and if Verizon does offer the Curve, I may switch, just to try something new.
    02-03-08 07:47 PM
    Like Kelly, I would have gotten an 8800 had it come with the camera. Since getting the Pearl I having the camera handy, use it for mp3s, small form factor is about right (maybe just slightly small for my thumbs). I'm happy with the pearl and can't wait for the OS upgrade.
    02-03-08 09:13 PM
    After some of the annoyances I'm dealing with on the Pearl, I would love to have a curve. My big fingers are now hitting accidental keys when typing which I didn't have a problem with on my 7130e. Last I heard from TELUS is a cdma curve should be arriving around April or May. Sooner the better. :-P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 12:37 AM
    Having both the 8830 and the Pearl, I must tell you ...The Pearl is By far the best phone I have ever used! and yes I tried my friends Curve....When you find that you can carry a toy, that isn't a toy at all (and you can't put it down) what does that tell you...Sure type kills, just fly through your typing as if you were on a qwerty and watch you will become just as accurate! they should have called this phone the *****!

and yes Verizon is coming out with the Curve in April
    02-04-08 05:21 PM
    Ive heard a lot of people saying that they have heard from verizon reps that there is definitely a curve coming out soon - has anyone heard a date or even a specific time range? Whoever has heard that - please lend us some details
    02-06-08 10:55 AM
    Some where between march and may.....

The reps don't even know.....

Just keep checking back for more info...
    02-06-08 11:23 AM
    I'd rather have the Curve but love the Pearl. I actually had some anxiety over deciding whether to jump ship at Sprint and get a Tmobile or ATT Curve. In the end though, Sprint ends up being the cheapest for me. I couldn't wait for the Curve at Sprint either as my Palm 700p was a POS in smartphone's clothing.
    02-06-08 01:10 PM
    Did anyone here if the cdma curve would also do video like the Pearl...that may be a deal brkr for me
    02-06-08 11:24 PM
    I believe video recording is standard with OS 4.3 and above. The recently announced OS 4.5 will update all 8xxx Blackberries. If a CDMA Curve is released before 4.5, I'm sure it'll have OS 4.3 like the CDMA Pearls.
    02-07-08 01:41 PM
    I agree. I love the size of my Pearl, but there is something about typing with the Curve that I like; if the Pearl had the same keypad it would be much more beneficial.
    02-07-08 03:33 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD