I have a few questions & concerns
    I am new to Blackberry and I have been enjoying my BB, but I am in need of some assistants with the following items.

1. I have been looking for answers and I see the same questions but no real answers on this issue with syncing with Outlook, Sorry but choosing to sync one way, phone BB rules vs. Outlook rules seems to defeat the propose. If there is a real solution to syncing my BB (Pearl 8110) with Outlook this would be great this is the one function that I�m not willing to give up. I need all of my appointments new & old in Outlook & phone, notes and contacts ect.
    Also I am not using an exchange server. Just Outlook on my laptop, Outlook 2003

2. The alarm & reminders it would be nice if I had the choice of how long to snooze an alarm/appointment rather that a fixed 5, 10 & 30 minute time frame. Again functionality.

I have seen a few 3rd party fixes at least with the alarm but I have to spend $ to fix some thing that should be build in to the phone. In my opinion.

3. Dailing phone numbers I have all on my contacts in my phone lets say 801-123-4567, Mr. Jones.
    If I type in 801-123 I get no number found or same result with typing 123, I have to type in Mr. Jones.
    Is there a setting to address this or am I doing some thing wrong?

I am on the fence where to stay with BB over Windows Smart Phone, I have used Pocket PC/Smart Phones for years and yes they have there quarks and problems but there seems to be allot of functionality missing on BB (at lease with syncing with Outlook) and/or my lack of knowledge, and this is probably lot of my problems,

Thank You
    Rex

Ps this is not a rant but I am getting a little frustrated. So thank you in advance.
    05-07-08 11:57 AM
    3. Type the person's name, not phone number.
    05-07-08 12:18 PM
    anyone? you are telling me that there are no ideas or solutions?
    05-08-08 10:43 AM
    as sunkast said, type the name, not the number. As you type, your berry filters your address book by name (or company name), not by number.

Regarding alarms, there are other alarm apps out there. I had one, but don't anymore so can't remember what it was called. But do a search and something should pop up - google is our friend!

Your outlook question...I'm not sure I understand what your issue is as you have it explained so far. I have my berry synced with my outlook at home, work, and google calendar using google sync. Explain the issue a little more and maybe we can help.
    05-08-08 11:05 AM
    as sunkast said, type the name, not the number. As you type, your berry filters your address book by name (or company name), not by number.

Regarding alarms, there are other alarm apps out there. I had one, but don't anymore so can't remember what it was called. But do a search and something should pop up - google is our friend!

Your outlook question...I'm not sure I understand what your issue is as you have it explained so far. I have my berry synced with my outlook at home, work, and google calendar using google sync. Explain the issue a little more and maybe we can help.

Thank you for the response
    I found the problem/solution as far as Outlook
    I was coming back here to post up the fix, if someone else had the same problem.

BB desk top was trying to delete my entire calendar in outlook every time I
    synced .
    my mistake was thinking that this was a BB design issue or at least an intellsync one.

See
    h**p://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/120955-calendar-synchronization-wants-delete-450-entries.html

HERE is the fix,

Are all of your entries in Outlook, if so I would try this.

Connect your BB to your DM, open the back up restore, Go to advanced, then go to the box on the right, device data, then delete the calendar database, remove the BB from the DM and pull the battery while the BB is powered on. Put the battery back in then resync. This should work.

posted by zerog46
    on blackberry forums

Apparently I had to delete the calendar database, and re-sync.
    All is great now. :-)

As far as typing Numbers vs. Names,
    I can live with that. :-(

And for the alarm I will use a program called myalarm.

Thank you for the help.

Rex
    05-08-08 04:17 PM
    Welcome to CB
    05-08-08 04:21 PM
    welcome to cb yoda ! learn here you will !
    Last edited by blueberry23; 05-08-08 at 04:49 PM.
    05-08-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD