Help please I cannot figure this stupid phone out! I can't open my messages ,email or text. When I get missed calls I hit view and it goes to call log and there are no calls so I do not know who called.How do I get it so that I can see all my calls for like a week and all my text?? And I want to get rid of my email..Thanks for any help I can get!!
    10-01-08 12:07 PM
    I have a suspicion I'd like you to look into... Go to Options > Status. What numbers do you see after File Free?
    10-01-08 12:14 PM
    Sounds like you have a memory problem. Go to Options / Status and let us know how much free memory you have.
    Try a battery pull. Pull out the battery while the phone is on. Also, whenever you're done with a program, make sure you close out of it instead of escaping. If you don't, the program will continue to run in the background. You can see what programs are running by holding donw the ALT key and press the escape key. use your trackball to move back and forth.
    Some programs will not close out such as the browser, messaging, homescreen and others.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 10-01-08 at 12:19 PM.
    10-01-08 12:17 PM
    the number is 1197558
    10-01-08 12:24 PM
    1MB will get you nowhere! Do a battery pull (as mentioned above) and check it again.
    10-01-08 12:26 PM
    Sunkast was correct.

Jimmy you are very low on memory . Its normally suggested that you need in the region of 12 000 000 of file free for your BB to run normally . What you are experiencing is that your call logs, emails and sms are being deleted before you get a chance to read them.

Pulling the battery will be a short term solution, I think a good idea would be to read this thread to free up some much needed memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Last edited by gritmaster; 10-01-08 at 12:34 PM.
    10-01-08 12:31 PM
    Now the number is 5237758
    10-01-08 12:34 PM
    That still isn't enough memoury. You need to run 10MB - bare minimum. This keeps the device stable. Try doing a search on this topic, as there are TONS of threads with useful information on how to increase file free.
    10-01-08 12:35 PM
    what if your file free is high enough and this issue still exists?

I don't even have an email configured and i'm getting email notifications...
    01-13-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD