Hi Guys And Gals, I Am Completely A Newbie To The Blackberry World. I Am About To Buy The 8130 From A Friend At Work And I Would Like This Phone To Work When I Transfer To Cingular Network. I Would Really Appriciate A Helping Hand On This Topic. I Am Really Good At "workin" Computers And Other Stuff, Any Type Of Directions Would Be Great As Long As They Work. Thanks
    05-27-08 02:56 PM
    this phone will not work on cingular. cingular is gms, while verizon is cdma. the only way to make the phone "work" on cingular is to flash it - but that will render the phone useless anyhow. sorry!
    05-27-08 03:09 PM
    this phone will not work on cingular. cingular is gms, while verizon is cdma. the only way to make the phone "work" on cingular is to flash it - but that will render the phone useless anyhow. sorry!
    Flashing it won't change it from CDMA to GSM. They use different hardware and radios. There is nothing you can do to make an 8130 work on Cingular (now AT&T). It will only work on Verizon or Sprint.
    05-27-08 03:15 PM
    Totally different network. Cdma (VZW) does not use a sim card while gsm (at&t) does . Sorry wont work.
    05-27-08 03:16 PM
    Flashing it won't change it from CDMA to GSM. They use different hardware and radios. There is nothing you can do to make an 8130 work on Cingular (now AT&T). It will only work on Verizon or Sprint.
    05-27-08 03:16 PM
    blackberry - like i said. i understand it would render the phone useless. thats why i put "work" in quotations.
    05-27-08 03:17 PM
    blackberry - like i said. i understand it would render the phone useless. thats why i put "work" in quotations.

flashing a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network is like saying turning off the lights will make an apple an orange...

And Us cellular is also CDMA
    05-27-08 03:55 PM
    Jenay what you are saying will get the OP nowhere.
    05-27-08 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD