Ok so If I'm behind on this I'm sorry, bit I couldn't find this any where!

So you just bought a new blackberry and took a coolvideo with it and wanted to send it to your fellow crackberry addict... But allas he/she cannot open that great video!! What to do!

Here is a work around I found.

1. Use shozu to upload your video directly to your youtube account.

2. Goto your youtube account and find your video.

3. Using your pointer hover over the video you want to send. (not the video name, but the actuall video thumbnail)

4. Select the blackberry button and choose link address.

5. Either copy and paste into a SMS or MMS message. (don't reccomend using BB messenger due to it miss-reading characters as smilies)
    6. Send!

7. The recipient will receive a nice link that when clicked will automatically open their media player and begin streaming!

Tada!! You have now sent a friend your video!

This work around will work with the various other sites that operate with shozu as well.

Youtube offered the best options.
    1. Free
    2. Compatibility with phone browsers.
    3. 3gp compatibility

If you have a better work around please feel free to share!

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 03:15 PM
    Here's a video I uploaded from a friend. Again I think this link will only work on mobile browsers!

Removed link it doesn't paste correctly.
    But sent as SMS, works great.
    Last edited by wilsopd; 08-06-08 at 04:03 PM.
    08-06-08 03:18 PM
    Link doesn't work
    08-06-08 03:39 PM
    Ok I can't believe I was the only one frustrated by the inability to send and receive video files via blackberry!

Does anyone have a better method of mobile video sharing?

08-07-08 07:44 AM
    If they're not too big, you can just email them. Go to your media files, select the video, press menu and select send as email.
    08-07-08 07:47 AM
    If they're not too big, you can just email them. Go to your media files, select the video, press menu and select send as email.
    Emailing won't work! You can make and send 3gp files but cannot open or save the ones sent to your mobile device!

08-07-08 07:49 AM
    Sorry. I'm not familiar with the Pearl. I can send and receive video email attachments with my Curve. I got video attachment last night from one of my BB messenger contacts and I've emailed one out.
    08-07-08 08:26 AM
    I can't seem to email anything but pictures. Whenever I send a video or audio file to my friends, It comes back with a invalid adress error. Any help would be great.

08-07-08 09:39 AM
    Another place where RIM dropped the ball...

Dm
    08-07-08 10:05 AM
    to send and receive videos from your blackberry you have to use data optimized files.....you can get some free on funformobile.com or even handango for blackberrys...they must be 3gluvdarts to work
    06-07-09 05:04 PM
    Ok I can't believe I was the only one frustrated by the inability to send and receive video files via blackberry!

Does anyone have a better method of mobile video sharing?

Wilsopd,

One nice thing for BB is to take/watch video. But send/receiving big video file seems so difficult. Here is my hero coming to win this battle.

YouCast for Blackberry
    With this FREE app, you can send/receive video to/from your blackberry friends instantly without file size limit. Also you can post video/photo to your social accounts such as Youtube, facebook, myspace and flickr. The push activation application based on Wireless SMS or email. It supports parallel, scheduled, segmented upload and download with CRC checksum with efficient network bandwidth utilization.

To download, point your bb browser to m.youcast.net/blackberry.html
    Product demo at http://www.youcast.net/demo.aspx
    Last edited by jjj1234; 10-15-10 at 09:57 AM.
    10-19-09 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the link. It works great on my BB!
    10-20-09 02:46 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the youcast recommendation! Worked perfectly!!!
    06-01-10 11:51 PM
    Hi i m frm india i just get blackberry pearl 8120 its o2 phone. But it doesnt support my simcard.can anybudy tell me the free unlocking site

06-02-10 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD