I found that using the auto on/off function in options at night helps prolong the battery life quite a bit. You could hypothetically say...set it to power off at 11:00PM and power back on at 5:00AM before your alarm setting goes off!! Its truly a great option.
    That's a good idea but I always feel the need to have my phone on... in case of emergency, know what I mean?

Irrational, I know.
    Last edited by pinkdaisy226; 04-16-08 at 07:55 AM.
    04-15-08 09:21 PM
    I found that using the auto on/off function in options at night helps prolong the battery life quite a bit. You could hypothetically say...set it to power off at 11:00PM and power back on at 5:00AM before your alarm setting goes off!! Its truly a great option.
    I agree, this is a good idea. My husband works nights so I mainly keep it on because of that but you never know when you may get an emergency call at night and I never use the house phone.

BTW I charge mine every couple of days.
    04-15-08 10:18 PM
    I charge every two days it seems...

it totally depends on my usage and phone calls, really
    04-15-08 10:50 PM
    Hmm, let's see I charge it at night(goes on at about 9ish), then I goto work at 6am and its in the red zone by the time I leave around 10ish, then I charge for about an hour which puts it at about 75% then barely use it between 12 and 8 (keep in mind that the whole morning portion is spent texting nearly non stop and the evening is mainly vznavigator use and brief phone calls)and by the time 7 rolls around its almost toast again so on average 2 times per 24 hour period and believe me you don't want it to have to tell you its dead cuz it turns everything off, can't call, can't message, nothing, period dot the end. Ohh and yes unlike the few other phones like palm and the samsung from Verizon the blackberry won't even allow 911 calls once its entered radio silence mode. It really gets irritating and u use the auto off feature hoping it would help but alas it does nothing
    Last edited by bluebimmerkid; 04-17-08 at 09:47 AM.
    04-17-08 09:42 AM
    I charge mine every night too. I don't think that's a bad thing. By the time I'm ready to go to bed, my bad boy is almost drained anyways. But then again, my house is in an area where reception is sketchy so it's always having problems retaining the signal. That uses up a good amount of battery power.

I think for now just keep charging it at night. Like you said, it's a new toy so you're using it WAY more than you would normally. After a while, just track your usage and battery power when the "newness" wears off a bit. I always read that the battery life sucked really bad withthe Pearls and I was almost convinced the first 2-3 weeks I had mine. Now, 2 months later, I don't mind the batter life too bad since it'll last me all day.
    04-17-08 09:56 AM
    I have seen it written that if you get the extended life after market battery it will go three days without needing a charge. At 50 bricks or so, that will be my next blackberry accessory purchase.
    04-17-08 10:45 AM
    I leave for class at around 7:30 and by the time I am on the bus heading home it is under 50 percent. I do a fair amount of messaging but not a ton.
    04-17-08 11:16 AM
    I have an 8800 and go three days with out a charge and heavy use.
    04-17-08 11:25 AM
    I got the extended battery and still need to charge it daily overnight. My usage is fairly light, 5-10 txt per day via messenger, 100 or so email, 10-20 minutes browser and Viigo. The OEM battery never lasted past 7PM and the extended is usually 40-60% at the end of the day. I stopped using Jivetalk and Google Talk because I heard they chew up battery power but I'm not sure. I use Viigo with about 250 channels and a 6 hour update interval. I once turned off Data Services for a day and it had a huge impact on improving my battery longevity.
    04-17-08 08:50 PM
    Hey I had the same issue... But I also noticed that using a car charger barely charged the batteries. Then by mistake my dog chewwed through my blackberry charger. When I got a new one cheap from walmarts it took much longer tocharge the first time but then the battry lasted longer. I have a theory that the cheap charger was able to charge the battery better by using less power and a slower charge. Any one else try this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 10:40 PM
    when i'm at work it runs down fast. so i charge every night.
    i'm about to buy the longer life battery here on CB though, as i'm fed up with having to turn off my net services in order to conserve battery juice.
    04-17-08 11:21 PM
    I'm not a heavy user and I charge my pearl 8110 about every 3 days!

Jay
    04-18-08 01:19 PM
    I charge mine every night
    04-18-08 01:27 PM
    I always charge it over night unless I forget.
    04-18-08 06:21 PM
    I'm charging my battery at least twice a day, but I am ALWAYS either talking on the phone or running an app. My poor blackberry never gets a minute of rest.
    07-16-08 07:55 AM
    I use Pinkberry, that's the name of my BB - I have a Pink Pearl, so much that I charge her every night at least and sometimes during the day! I'm a Crack Addict of the good kind!!

07-16-08 09:13 AM
    My battery sucks... But I work in a factory with no reception and it seems to influence that... Anything I could do? I call and web on breaks otherwise don't use much till I'm home.

07-16-08 05:26 PM
    I'm on every 2 days. working good with OEM high capacity battery
    Yes it does - 2 days seems to work out fine
    07-16-08 07:07 PM
    i charge mine in the car and at home and in the office.. where ever i can charge it to make sure i have enough power.. but once in a while i will let the battery get depleted to maximize the life of the battery.
    07-16-08 07:14 PM
    Every 2 to 3 days.

07-16-08 08:08 PM
    Every 2 to 3 days.

Does your battery cover for your extended battery stick out a bit?
    07-16-08 09:14 PM
    I am on my BB in excess of 6 cumulative hours a day from texting to web browsing so I give my BB a pretty good workout. Regardess of its charge level I still charge it every night in fear of draining the battery during the middle of the day... *GASP*
    07-16-08 09:51 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD