OK, so here's my situation:
    I just bought a blackberry pearl on eBay without doing the research because this policy apparently is brand new. I had a 2 year contract with us cellular and it has been up for 2 months now. I want to activate this blackberry, but I don't want the data usage plan. I cannot afford it, I'm 15. I just want to stick with my calling and texting plan for now. How might I/my dad get USCC to activate this blackberry?? Is there a way to convince/threaten them so they activate. What could I say? I want to do it over the phone like I usually do because I would probably not get far at the store (I don't think) Any suggestions or stories would be perfect. This phone is probably on the way to the house! lol, thank you guys and I hope you can help me.
    02-01-10 04:19 PM
    OK, so here's my situation:
    I just bought a blackberry pearl on eBay without doing the research because this policy apparently is brand new. I had a 2 year contract with us cellular and it has been up for 2 months now. I want to activate this blackberry, but I don't want the data usage plan. I cannot afford it, I'm 15. I just want to stick with my calling and texting plan for now. How might I/my dad get USCC to activate this blackberry?? Is there a way to convince/threaten them so they activate. What could I say? I want to do it over the phone like I usually do because I would probably not get far at the store (I don't think) Any suggestions or stories would be perfect. This phone is probably on the way to the house! lol, thank you guys and I hope you can help me.
    By threaten I mean threaten to move to T mobile or someone like that.
    02-01-10 04:22 PM
    nope no way.. you have a data phone you need a data plan simple as that, no getting around it.

oh and this is a policy with all carriers now, not just one or two
    02-08-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD