View Poll Results: Has your carrier ever misrepresented inf to get you to buy something?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

2 40.00%
  • Nothing important...maybe rintones or something.

0 0%
  • Yes...But they fixed the problem after some hassle.

0 0%
  • Yes...But they relized it and corrected their mistake.

0 0%
  • Yes...And they never admit thier fault.

3 60.00%
    More than alittle frustrated at sprint for pushing a phone on me that doesn't meet my need and then lieing that it was being fixed. Now they say it will never do MMS on thier network and refuse to help me into a different phone. So... I wanna set it to roam only so that I never use a sprint/nextel tower. I have the everything plan...so it doesn't matter to me... but they still pay roaming charges to other carriers. $500 for a phone that can't send MMS? I wouldn't be so mad if Tele-Sales and Tech suport didn't lie about the service books being offered. But to have management tell me that they refuse to help and that if I go to another carrier that my support will be worse.... LOL How could that be... the support I am getting is non-existant.

I just wanna roam around till I switch carriers when the new phones are released after TGiving. I already have a new carrier selected and the cost of switching and canceling sprint is less than getting a different phone from this nonsupportive company.

Good job Sprint...at this rate you'll be bought out soon anyway... then I'll welcome you to my providers network...LOL
    11-19-08 10:18 AM
    If you've had the phone less than 30 days, return it. That's a RIM warranty, not Sprint. Even if you have to pay a restocking fee, you're better off.

I'm unaware of any way to force roaming. I wish I could, because there's a Verizon almost-dead spot that I would have full signal if I could force the phone to let go of the weak Verizon signal.
    11-19-08 10:55 AM
    Ive called sprint and basically ripped there freakin eyeballs out over the years, for this or that. they'll do whatever u want so long as your irate enough

here's what you do:

-Drink a redbull, take a shot of Cuervo, and then dial *2 for cust. svc.

-You gotta be really pi$$ed off! ask every rep for their "rep #" and state (yell!) that you ARE going to file a FORMAL COMPLAINT!

-You were told that it would have MMS and it didn't.. they LIED and you DEMAND to be compensated or else your going to
    kill their mothers! (etc)

they'll do anything.. say that you've worked in places like that before, and you know they can fix THEIR mistake.. just demand whatever you want or you'll inform your firm who has 30 BB's on a corporate a/c to switch to At&t.
    11-19-08 11:01 AM
    from the Sprint forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/pix-msgs-89560/

kind of a workaround but MMS is possible in Sprint..

welcome to CB, you will learn loads to hook up your Sprint Pearl if you keep it!
    11-19-08 11:06 AM
    When you roam, you are enabling a cross-carrier agreement which works like this. In you home country there is no need to roam. Your carrier is national and therefore provides services for your phone (and biil's you for these) anywhere in the home country of the contract. This includes JeffH's dead spot.

I do not know of any US carrier that will allow roaming nationally.

When you are abroad, you may be allowed to roam by your home carrier. I do this when I visit the UK and I take my Swiss GSM phone with me. My SIM card (not applicable with CDMA) is regstered with Swisscom - my carrier and the bill me monthly.

Once in the UK, where Swisscom has no coverage, I have a choice of several carriers. I I make any calls using these carriers my call goes through as normal BUT, there is an additional call completion charge for doing this via a roaming carrier. This charge is applied on a per minute basis and is over and above the normal call charge. This charge varies from roaming carrier to roaming carrier.

Every time I call even a local (UK) number from my Swiss phone (UK to UK) it cost more because of this. These calls show up as seprate charges on my monthly phone bill.

The above is just for outgoing calls. Incoming calls are even worse since my phone still carries its Swiss number and all cals to that phone need to originate from Switszerland. Thu sif mu brother calls me from his house only 5 miles away, he is obliged to call, and pay for a call to Switzerland. I pay for a call from Switzerland. Not a good situation. Now if a friend in Switzerland calls me whilst I am in the UK he pays the normal Swis call charges but I pay for the Switzerland to UK cost. Also very bad for me.

Roaming may sound like a good idea but it really is not. Within the US you probably cannot do it anyway and since ou are a CDMA user you only have a chouce of Sprint or Verizon, I think.

Now you know why I keep an 8100 with a UK prepaid SIM card .
    11-19-08 11:15 AM
    If you have the 4.3 OS, go to Manage Connections, then Mobile Network Options, then Network selection mode. It should give you a "Roam Only" option. But if you're that unhappy, you should take the phone back. Tell them you aren't happy, and are going to Verizon. That's how I got my pearl for free. Make sure you go to a corporate store though. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 11:33 AM
    When you roam, you are enabling a cross-carrier agreement which works like this. In you home country there is no need to roam. Your carrier is national and therefore provides services for your phone (and biil's you for these) anywhere in the home country of the contract. This includes JeffH's dead spot.

I do not know of any US carrier that will allow roaming nationally.

We may have a difference of understanding re what roaming means. Let me give two examples. My brother was on AT&T. He lives in a county that's primarily served by a local, not national carrier. AT&T notified him they were terminating his service because more than 50% of his calls were roaming. He had to change to the local carrier. In my case, people sitting all around me in the football stadium have signal and can talk. I have almost no signal and cannot talk. In addition, my phone will go to full-power and continuously try to reach a tower, with the result that the battery will get HOT to the touch and be completely exhausted in a couple of hours. If I look on the Verizon coverage map, there's a hole in their coverage at that stadium. I can drive a half a kilometer and have a good signal. I'd like to be able to force my BlackBerry to roam on the local carrier. That's what I don't know how to do.
    11-19-08 11:43 AM
    We may have a difference of understanding re what roaming means. Let me give two examples. My brother was on AT&T. He lives in a county that's primarily served by a local, not national carrier. AT&T notified him they were terminating his service because more than 50% of his calls were roaming. He had to change to the local carrier. In my case, people sitting all around me in the football stadium have signal and can talk. I have almost no signal and cannot talk. In addition, my phone will go to full-power and continuously try to reach a tower, with the result that the battery will get HOT to the touch and be completely exhausted in a couple of hours. If I look on the Verizon coverage map, there's a hole in their coverage at that stadium. I can drive a half a kilometer and have a good signal. I'd like to be able to force my BlackBerry to roam on the local carrier. That's what I don't know how to do.
    Yes JeffH, this seems to be a difference in terminology. I gave the info as I know it and it turns out to be completely irrelevant to this thread. Sorry guys.
    11-19-08 02:44 PM
    If your frustration with the Blackberry 8130 from sprint is because it does not have MMS I understand, it's something I was missing when I got my phone as well. Easy fix: download the new Blackberry software update (version 4.5) and you will now have MMS! The update can be done through the blackberry desktop manager.
    06-08-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD