I bought a blackberry pearl 8130 last week. I know how to send basic texts, but haven't been able to send texts containing pictures. Or even how to attatch or add them to the text message. Should I be able to or is there a specific app I need to download?
    Please help,
    Carma
    01-29-09 12:09 PM
    upgrade the os and then when that is done go to the picture highlight send as mms
    01-29-09 12:09 PM
    lame-man's terms...? lol sorry i'm such a newbie. what's the os and mms? is it usually free?
    01-29-09 12:12 PM
    sorry os is the running software you can find it in the software threads i believe im a newbie to dont worry, and mms is what you send pictures instead of sms
    01-29-09 12:14 PM
    i will try this. thank you!
    01-29-09 12:15 PM
    You cannot Send Pics Threw a typical Text Message.

You either Have to send via.

MMS: Multimedia Message

Or

Email

Those are the 2 Options for sending Pics
    01-29-09 12:22 PM
    i downloaded the os update from the link in the software thread. it says it was sucessful but i still don't have the option to send anything mms.
    01-29-09 08:54 PM
    and you updated your phone hooking it up to your computer and through desktop manager?
    01-30-09 10:51 AM
    had this same issue. found out it is cuz alltel does not offer that feature with BB (go figure) though they do with other brands of phones. They said they would be getting that later but still have not heard anything.
    01-31-09 02:46 PM
    Anybody else have suggestions for sending multimedia messages? I have Sprint and couldn't, upgraded to Alltell's v89 and Chad's not much help either! There must be some app somewhere!?! Can't believe all the fancy crap this phone can do but it can't do basic messaging. Anybody even know how to forward stuff using the Sprint Messaging thing that handles received MMS? Only lets me forward to email addresses.

Thanks.

PS This is my first ever post. Woohoo!
    02-02-09 02:20 PM
    thats wrong i work for alltel we do have it so you can send as mms download the software update www.software.alltel.com install it go to desktop manager switch device wizard. switch blackberry (top option) and then go to application loader... or you can download the software from crackberry this isnt a OTA download! hope i helped!!
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD