Ok I'm having some strange things (ok only one strange thing) happen when i use my holster while texting. When you pull out your phone after recieving an sms it jumps straight into that message and shows the previous conversation (cool). Then when I hit QW to reply it shows the area where i'm supposed to type my message and the prior conversation, but the message history it shows is (sometimes) much older than the text I just recieved. Also this really doesn't bother me much it's just weird. It's hard to get back into the train of thought if I started doing something else mid senctance and i'm trying to figure out what was just said. Sometimes it does function normally. I know it's not a memory issue as i've followed the MOP instructions and keep my file free somewhere around 25megs. Another thing is that if I don't pull my phone out right away it doesn't open the message, and then if I manually select the message and reply, the history displays correctly. Anybody else notice this? I hope I explained it well enough.
    11-04-08 04:08 PM
    Go into Options > SMS Text > Number of Previous entries. Once you reach a certain number of responses it will default to the last "conversation."
    11-04-08 07:31 PM
    I believe you miss read my question. I'm not saying it doesn't show my conversation I'm saying the conversation it shows is not the most current messages. When I'm am not using my holster it shows the conversation I am actually having at present and not so with the holster... I hope that clears it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 07:52 PM
    So I have been playing around with my phone and testing to really clear up exactly what the issue really is... I sent myself a series of test sms messages and played with phone in and out of holster and these were my results...

I sent myself three test messages, test 1, test 2, and test 3. the first time I immediately holstered my phone to simulate receiving a message while holstered. the second time I left my phone un-holstered to received a message while un-holstered. the final time I holstered again. here is what I saw:
    first message after recieving alert i pull out my phone and see:
    test 1
    test 1
    I hit qw and see
    input field
    test 1
    test 1

I type test 2 and send, followed by clicking on the new message and see:
    test 2
    test 2
    test 1
    test 1
    I hit qw and see:
    input field
    test 2
    test 2
    test 1
    test 1
    I type test 3 send and holster. after alert I see:
    test 3
    test 3
    test 2
    test 2
    test 1
    test 1
    it hit qw and here is where it gets weird. I see:
    input field
    test 2
    test 2
    test 1
    test 1

where did my latest message and reply go, and why?

edit:
    also after this, any time i recieve messages while in holster from that contact( test 4,5,6) and hit qw i still only see test 2 and test 1.
    Last edited by masterdnater; 11-07-08 at 02:56 PM.
    11-07-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD