I am a crackberry newbie. As soon as I got my phone, I have just been carrying the phone in my purse or with me, but I had never been using the holster...in fact, the holster is still NIP. But after reading these forums, it sounds like I SHOULD be using the holster.

So...my question, is the holster necessary?

Thanks!

Kassy
    02-23-08 04:38 PM
    I use my holster whenever I'm out and about. At home, it's skinned and sitting on my desk (when not in my hand).
    02-23-08 04:56 PM
    I am a crackberry newbie. As soon as I got my phone, I have just been carrying the phone in my purse or with me, but I had never been using the holster...in fact, the holster is still NIP. But after reading these forums, it sounds like I SHOULD be using the holster.

So...my question, is the holster necessary?

Thanks!

Kassy
    I would not say that you need one. They are a really nice addition to any berry. I like the way that it locks the keys and puts it in standby when it is in the holster, also the different alert settings for in and out of the holster are very nice
    02-23-08 05:15 PM
    I adore my holser. It puts Miss. 88 to sleep and keeps her protected and ready for clip-on and go-out.
    02-23-08 06:41 PM
    there are really two main reasons to use the holster...

PROTECTION...nuff said.

and it saves the battery some...the magnet in the holster puts the berry in standby so it uses less juice...

-db

I dont use one all the time...usually more for protection..and the battery issue doesn't really come up much...
    02-23-08 06:48 PM
    I use mine all the time. If I was you I would be using it because you said you keep your BB in your purse. The BB could get scratched and what not with keys, coins, and anything else.
    02-23-08 08:11 PM
    I use mine to pick up spare change
    02-23-08 08:41 PM
    I have a cell phone pocket in my purse that my BB slips into. So I am not worried about scratches. But that still doesn't solve the sleep mode or battery issue.

Guess what I am going to open and start using?

I am also going to check into the skins as well. I want my baby to look new for as long as possible!

Kassy
    02-23-08 09:11 PM
    You can always just hold the mute button down for two seconds before you put it in your purse. That's not as secure as the holster but will still put it in standby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 10:17 PM
    Is the mute button the same as that */sym button?
    02-23-08 10:47 PM
    Is the mute button the same as that */sym button?
    No, the mute button is located at the top left of your device.
    02-23-08 10:51 PM
    I have mine in a silicone skin and use the Seidio holster (works with naked or skinned) and l totally dig it.
    02-24-08 01:55 AM
    So the holster you are speaking of with the magnet, is it just the black leather sheath that comes with the phone or is it an accessory that has to be purchased?
    02-24-08 03:16 PM
    It's me again!

I have opened my holster...and everytime I slip my BabyBerry into the holster...it does not go into sleep mode.

So...is there a right way that the BB fits into the holster? Or...

Am I supposed to hit the Mute button for sleep mode before going into holster?

I think it is funny that I can figure out ringtones for different people, change my default ringer for other unimportant callers, how to set alarms and tones for messages and texts....but I can't figure out that Holster!
    02-24-08 03:19 PM
    Are you sure that your holster has a magnet?
    02-24-08 03:20 PM
    Ummm...that is a good question.

It is the holster that came with my BB...so I assumed it had a magnet....but at least that would explain why it doesn't go into sleep mode.
    02-24-08 03:23 PM
    No you don't have to put it into sleep mode before putting it in the holster. If you put it in the holster and it goes to sleep mode then you are fine, there is no right or wrong way to put your BB into a holster! Tho if you put it in the holster and it doesn't go into sleep mode then it might not have a sleeper magnet. Hmmmm Side note** I'm going to merge this with your other post called Holster as you could have posted this question in there as well. Be careful that you don't double post or have a thread that mirrors a thread that you posted earlier. Thanks for the understanding!!
    Last edited by Click; 02-24-08 at 03:30 PM.
    02-24-08 03:25 PM
    Ummm...that is a good question.

It is the holster that came with my BB...so I assumed it had a magnet....but at least that would explain why it doesn't go into sleep mode.
    With that case I stand corrected! You have to make sure you put the BB with the trackball going inside the little groove and then your BB should go to sleep!
    02-24-08 03:30 PM
    I do understand Click! I WILL be careful in the future!

Then it is safe to assume that my holster does NOT have a sleep magnet...darn!

Just another item to buy...gosh darn! LOL
    02-24-08 03:32 PM
    Figured it out! Thanks Click!!!!!

AND...my BB needs to go bottom in first where the mute button is facing out!
    02-24-08 03:36 PM
    I do understand Click! I WILL be careful in the future!

Then it is safe to assume that my holster does NOT have a sleep magnet...darn!

Just another item to buy...gosh darn! LOL
    Thank you for the understanding!

If I could make a small recommendation, I would get your case here. I have this case and LOVE it! Or if you really want to treat your Berry to something sweet get it this.
    02-24-08 03:36 PM
    Figured it out! Thanks Click!!!!!

AND...my BB needs to go bottom in first where the mute button is facing out!
    Glad you got it working!!!
    02-24-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD