way to keep the card in there or get it replaced easily.. i dont know if it is a do it yourself or where you could get the part.. I thought there might be a temporary solution also to hold it down until i can find the part. ANY IDEAS? THis is my first BB and i was hoping you could help. Also, when the card is installed where does it show in the menu? Is it under the media? Thank you
    08-24-08 01:35 PM
    The card actually locks into the slotl you hear and feel it click into place, once it's in, there's not a lot of reason to take it out. A piece of tape is all you need to keep dust and stuff out, if your carrier is cool, they'll probably let you snag one off of a dummy at one of their brick and mortars.
    As far as once it's installed, go to options>media card>put media card support to on, mass storage mode to on, and I like to also turn auto enable when connected to yes. Once that's done, before you exit, hit the berry button and select "format card", after that's done, hit ok, then hit the back button and it will prompt a save, hit ok and voi la ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 02:05 PM
    The closest store is 90 miles away, but worth it if they have one. I am eligible to upgrade next month and have never tried blackberry, so i picked this up cheap until upgrade, just to make sure i liked BB, am hooked now but also know why the phone was cheap. I didn't know if i could install it myself or not. I have seen a pic of it, but not up close to see how it connects. thanks
    08-24-08 02:19 PM
    For a month, to have a card, I would highly advise duct tape.
    YW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 02:40 PM
    How can i get duct tape to hold it right? I put the card in this morning and put 2 business card pieces on top of it and then the battery hoping it would hold it, but it doesnt see it.. How do i know it is lined up alright and do the tape so it will work> thanks
    08-24-08 09:48 PM
    With the magic of a folded business card i now have an sd card thanks so much
    08-24-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD