I have the 8120 and after I end a call the call log automatically pops up on the screen - - is there anyway to stop it from doing this?
    09-30-08 02:16 PM
    Check your Phone Options / Call Logging to be sure you don't have "All Calls" selected.
    09-30-08 10:04 PM
    I only have "missed calls" under call logging options and this happens to me as well. Every time I end a call, the call log pops up. It's quite annoying.
    10-01-08 10:46 AM
    There is really nothing you can do to change this, as far as I know. All you can do is learn to live with it.
    10-01-08 10:51 AM
    You mean it happens to you as well, jenay? It doesn't happen to me.

LDubs: do you have any 3rd party caller ID or Picture Caller ID program running? Running one of those programs was the only time I experienced what you're describing. But jenay's comment makes me doubt that this is the answer.
    10-01-08 10:56 AM
    All you can do is learn to live with it.
    Yep, it's just inherent BB OS behavior and can't be changed.
    10-01-08 11:00 AM
    Yes after I disconnect from every made call it goes to the call log. The only time it doesn't is if it is a received call.

When I asked this question once someone rudely said: "just hit the red button twice and deal with it."

It is very annoying "dealing with it". Especially when I am in the middle of something and need an answer ASAP.

~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 11:03 AM
    Perhaps it is inherent in the 8130's. It does not occur with my 8830. But that's enough difference to explain any number of differences.
    10-01-08 11:04 AM
    This happens with my 8330, and nope Jeff - no third party applications of any sort that would affect my call log behavior.

Again, it's just something I live with, as the pros far outweigh the cons as far as this device is concerned.
    10-01-08 11:06 AM
    You mean it happens to you as well, jenay? It doesn't happen to me.

LDubs: do you have any 3rd party caller ID or Picture Caller ID program running? Running one of those programs was the only time I experienced what you're describing. But jenay's comment makes me doubt that this is the answer.
    Jeff, I don't have any 3rd party apps with picture ID. It's only a slight pain, hitting the "end" (red) key closes it, but it would be nice if there was an option so it didn't pop up automatically after every call...
    10-01-08 11:11 AM
    Hmph. So it's a quirk of the curve. I'd certainly put up with it for the extra 32M the 8330 has, but it is odd. My 8830 has probably got a similar "feature" that I've gotten so used to that I don't recognize it as a quirk...
    10-01-08 11:11 AM
    Hmph. So it's a quirk of the curve. I'd certainly put up with it for the extra 32M the 8330 has, but it is odd. My 8830 has probably got a similar "feature" that I've gotten so used to that I don't recognize it as a quirk...
    Absolutely, my sentiments exactly. For the extra memoury and all the other amazing features of this device, I'll deal with pressing the red end button once.
    10-01-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD