Hi

I have a Pearl 8110 - which has been unlocked from AT&T in the US (never used before) I've given the phone to my wife on her PAYG Vodafone account (no data)......

What I want to do is remove the AT&T branding etc and replace it with the Voda theme / software. Obviously the data side of things won't work (she's not worried about that) but I just want to get Voda software on there......

I've installed the voda OS from the RIM site but all the old icons etc are there for AT&T.....

Thanks
    09-09-08 05:08 AM
    Did you delete vendor.xml on you computer first?

You may need to unlock the Vodaphone Vendor theme.

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    09-09-08 05:19 AM
    I did do vendor xml = checking browser it is saying Vodafone Live so it looks like it's done - just have to manually remove the icons she won't use.....

Thanks for the link will have a look and see whats what - she's gone out with it now so will check later!
    09-09-08 05:27 AM
    what you can do is to unlock vodaphone themes on your blackberry.alx file in. Unfortunately I have less than 10 post so they won't allow me to give you direct link but just google "blackberry unlock themes" which will give you plenty of sources.
    09-09-08 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD