Hey I got the new blackberry pink henna pearl 8110 and I have tried everything to turn suretype off its driving me crazy. And I went to the text window and hit the menu button there was nothing about multi tab like I thought there would be. Anyone know what to do? I am going crazy I miss my curve
    10-14-08 05:29 PM
    Why would you go from a Curve to a Pearl? Ive only seen people go from a pearl to a curve not backwards. Anyways when your in a message press the Blackberry button (thats what I call it its the button directly left to your trackball) and scroll down to enable multitap. Suretype is great once you get used to it.
    10-14-08 06:06 PM
    it should be under the menu when your in a text window. it should say enable multitap. I heard somewhere on here about a person who got a model that did not include the multitap option (not sure I believe him though). link perhaps they decided to not include this option (doubt it though). what exactly is giving you trouble? maybe I can help ease your suretype pains it really is easy to use. I supposed things that would be difficult to type would be strange names that aren't in your address book or websites with weird names that you've never typed. other than that I find that suretype works like 98% of the time flawlessly.
    10-14-08 06:11 PM
    Go to notepad and just type random sentences. Everybody hates suretype at first. The trick is to not pay attention to the screen. Just let it do its thing. Once you get use to it it's very fast. I wish my laptop had it. It's usually less than half the key stokes.
    10-14-08 06:16 PM
    Thanks both of you! I got it figured out it was so strange I had to hold the Alt and Caps button down its so weird lol. It's in multi tap now.. But suretype was driving me crazy! Maybe I will give it another try someday..I actually had gotten rid of my curve and gotten an Iphone 3G I hated it! So I decided to get the new pink henna pearl. I switch phones alot I love Blackberrys though. I may have to get me a Curve again someday
    10-14-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD