About a month ago I got an 8130 from work to replace my old 7250. Our IT guy at work who activated it didn't give me the proper instructions and I ended up not getting my address book transfered. I finally got around to doing it tonight and used the switch device wizard. This worked for transfering my address book but I lost all my settings and most frustrating of all, the pictures that I had on the phone. Is there any way to recover these pictures? Could they be in a file somewhere on my computer? Any help would be appreciated, they were kinda special pictures.
    03-20-08 02:25 AM
    Were they on your old phone? Do you have any of your old phone backups on your pc? Did you do a battery pull on your new phone, if not, try it, they might show up. They should still be somewhere between the 2 or your pc.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 03:23 AM
    If you used the switch device wizard, wouldn't you still have a copy of them on your old phone?
    03-20-08 03:28 AM
    They were on my new phone. I have a feeling I'm screwed.
    03-20-08 08:17 AM
    You're not screwed till you give up, by default you should have a backup from your new phone after the first sync, with desktop manager try do do a backup and restore. This would be another good reason why you need a memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 09:19 AM
    There are two backups that I found in My Documents, one called Backup and the other called Loaderbackup. They are both for the old phone. Are there any other folders where they might be?
    Last edited by warthog23; 03-20-08 at 09:39 AM.
    03-20-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD