I have a 8110 Pearl and I'm trying to update my OS from a v4.3 to a v4.5.0.81. I don't really know what happened, but my phone is not working ever since I tried to update the OS. The screen doesn't even trun on and I can't seem to connect my phone to my desktop manager anymore. Secondly, While trying to update the OS in the Application Loader, I can't seem to finish the update for some unknown reason. The error message I get says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." Does anyone know how I can fix my problem or even know how to reset it so it goes back to factory setting? I just want my phone to work again. Please help.....
    10-19-08 05:44 PM
    10-19-08 05:49 PM
    Thanks Sunkast!!! My phone is being fixed as I type. Thanks again for the post.
    10-19-08 06:14 PM
    Almost bricked your phone? Don't feel bad it happened to mine also, it has something to do with at&t and the 8110. They had two different models of the 8110. You have one that doesn't accept updates other than what AT&T puts out. Just a heads up incase you try to upgrade your phone again. Cause you can end up bricking it totally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 08:52 PM
    I have one of those 8110. Won't even update with the AT&T version. Never a problem going back to 4.3 after the multi-stage load problem from 4.5.

12-17-08 10:50 AM
    Almost bricked your phone? Don't feel bad it happened to mine also, it has something to do with at&t and the 8110. They had two different models of the 8110. You have one that doesn't accept updates other than what AT&T puts out. Just a heads up incase you try to upgrade your phone again. Cause you can end up bricking it totally.

Is there any way to determine before you attempt the upgrade to 4.5, whether or not the 8110 model you have accepts updates? I'd hate to try to update my wife's 8110 (the new sandstone/pink one), and brick it. She'd be pretty mad if I did.
    12-17-08 11:20 AM
    How do I go back to 4.3? I think that is what is causing all my problems!!!
    12-18-08 09:22 AM
    Wipe your phone then install 4.3. Hopefully this will help you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    12-18-08 10:30 AM
    mines been bricked during upgrade like 20 times now... never a problem going back to 4.3. so all you have to lose really is an hour or so...

anyone had any luck getting blackberry or at&t to warranty it or something since it isn't functioning properly?
    12-18-08 12:23 PM
    mines been bricked during upgrade like 20 times now... never a problem going back to 4.3. so all you have to lose really is an hour or so...

anyone had any luck getting blackberry or at&t to warranty it or something since it isn't functioning properly?
    You mind me asking how old your 8110 is? I'm just wondering if it's the older ones that AT&T issued that is having this multi-stage upload error. I was going to upgrade my wife's new sandstone/pink 8110 to 4.5, but don't want to waste an hour if it's not going to work anyway.

EDIT: I just finished the upgrade on my wife's 8110 around an hour ago, and it worked perfectly. The upload took only 25 minutes, and everything works smoothly. HTML emails, YouTube streaming video, and Documents to Go (if you choose to load it from the install options) allows you to edit word documents. So this update does work on the 8110 models.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 12-18-08 at 08:26 PM.
    12-18-08 01:05 PM
    i've had it since may... i can't find a born on date under the battery... unless the number on the sim card hold down is a date in YYMMDD format. if that were the case it would be feb 17th '08. are PINs random or are they sequential? sucks i have been updating a bunch of coworkers 8310's & i am very jealous now. i was really hoping after all the other carrier's versions the at&t version would work.

the at&t store was very confused about what i was trying to tell them, lol. one employee was like well just don't plug it in to your computer... ok get bent i have a crackberry for a reason.
    12-18-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD