Ok, so ever since last night my phone has been running extremely slow and about every 3 seconds, the little hourglass will show in the middle of the screen for about 2 seconds then go away and also, today is died within like 2 hours and I hadn't even used it! so I tried taking out my battery and then turning it back on and it deleted all my texts from today only.
    What is going on and is there a way to fix it?
    ALSO! i haven't been receiving any emails at all but I just checked my email and i've gotten a lot today and i've been in areas with very good service. so yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you.
    Last edited by victoria7713; 10-07-08 at 04:01 PM.
    10-07-08 03:54 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-07-08 03:57 PM
    You are out of memory. You need to do a better job of keeping at least 12,000,000 bytes of File Free. You can easily check by going to Options > Status. Get a media card, put all your pics, ringtones, music, vids, etc on there. Make sure the camera saves pictures to the media card, and follow the guide linked below.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, when you post a topic, please use a more descriptive title than "help please."

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    10-07-08 03:57 PM
    ok thank you. i'll try that. and i just found some weird like application in my menu called "trooper typing" i think my cousin got ahold of my phone and added it. how do i take it off? when i click on it it brings me to my internet "fun and games"....
    10-07-08 04:11 PM
    Trooper Typing is a short cut to install that application pushed to your phone by your carrier. It is nothing more than a link. However you can't really remove it since the carrier pushes it to you. The best you can do is to hide the icon.
    10-07-08 04:15 PM
    Ok! and one more question..
    so right now i have a 2GB memory card in my phone with a lot of pictures that i've taken. and I also have pictures on the device memory. how do I move them from the device memory to my card? And because my card is 2GB, could that be making it slow too? I'm freeing up things but its still only at 9508531 bytes
    10-07-08 04:32 PM
    You can use Media / Explore to move the pictures one at a time from device memory to media card memory. It's easier to do than to explain. Go to the Pictures folder on your device, select a picture, and move it up until you get to the media card, then move it down into the pictures folder on the Media card.

The size of your Media card won't affect the speed of your device. Getting your pics out of device memory and onto the card will help. Your memory is still too low.
    10-07-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD