Ok, so I recently purchased a new BB Pearl 8110 through AT&T, and after 36 hours of using it, it had a constant background noise during ALL my calls. It could be minimized *some* by turning down the volume. However, it is always present, but the call clarity is fine. I have tried my husband's phone (Moto razr) and there is nothing background-wise on his phone, same carrier.

So, we went back to AT&T and exchanged for a new phone, new battery ... whole box etc. SAME THING is going on still with a constant background noise during all calls. Sounds like low-level static.. similar to when you used to get out of range with cordless phones in your home. Reminds me of talking on a walkie-talkie after you let go of the side switch and hear the static.. only much softer yet enough to drive me nuts during my calls.

Any suggestions? This is the 2nd phone from AT&T and they are willing to try another phone, but I don't really want to re-exchange again in 2 days if there is something that might fix this first? Also, if I exchange again and have the same problem there is no way I will remain a BB customer with the pearl because I can't justify $200 for a phone that won't have clear reception... well clear whatever it is - background noise etc. My husband has an iphone incoming and a razr currently... so I was hoping to get a nice phone - the BB Pearl really caught my eye. Unfortunately I am not satisfied at all and am coming here for some hopeful help!

Thank you.
    06-16-09 11:39 PM
    Anyone have any ideas?
    06-17-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD